Sent the wrong item!

Good afternoon and Happy New Year to you all.

Before Christmas I had a customer (for ease we will call her Buyer 1) who bought three items. They were all parcelled up together and sent on 18th December. They are based in China and I use the Global Shipping Programme (GPS).

In the last couple of days, I have sold an item to Buyer 2 and on checking have realised I have made a monumental error! I packaged that item with the items sent to Buyer 1 in China, in December. Argh!

I have issued a refund to buyer 2 of the "missing" item and explained my error. I have also asked buyer 1 to contact me when they have received their parcel.  However, I don't know what to do about the return of the item, in the event buyer 2 still wants it and is prepared to wait for it to be returned from China etc! 

Firstly, I am not sure which eBayers on this forum, and if you are familiar with GPS? The cost of return postage from China is going to be substantial and Buyer 1 has informed me that when it arrives, she does not want one of the items (the missing one).

I do hope you can all follow this.

Any advice, is most welcome. 

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sent the wrong item!

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

I think easiset option is to refund buyer 1 in full and write it off - the time/cost of arranging a return from China is likely not going to be worth it (eBay don't help with GSP returns). There may also be customs fees/problems if buyer doesn't do customs form exactly as required for a return.

You can relist the item you do have to sell it as normal.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Sent the wrong item!

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

unfortunately it is down to you to pay the return costs and arrange the return.

The original buyer most likely will want the returns costs paid upfront and then you are in their hands.

Make sure they mark any package as a 'return' or you might have import duty to pay.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Sent the wrong item!

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

What's the value of the item that should have been in Buyer 1's package?

@emanarvintagecurios wrote:

and Buyer 1 has informed me that when it arrives, she does not want one of the items (the missing one).

If low value and she doesn't want it, it may be worth issuing a partial refund of the cost of the missing item.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Sent the wrong item!

Thanks for your response.

£35.00.  I think I will be issuing a refund on the item she doesn't want and writing it off:-( as it will cost me more to have it returned. Valuable lesson learned me thinks...... & obviously I will then need to pack up the item she does want and suffer that cost too..... not a good start to the new year.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Sent the wrong item!

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

I think easiset option is to refund buyer 1 in full and write it off - the time/cost of arranging a return from China is likely not going to be worth it (eBay don't help with GSP returns). There may also be customs fees/problems if buyer doesn't do customs form exactly as required for a return.

You can relist the item you do have to sell it as normal.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Sent the wrong item!

On order No. 15-10352-28751 The item I received was wrong and the seller undertook to correct this, but was having a relationship difficulty. Allowing her time to resolve her difficulties, six months have now passed without a refund or the correct item arriving. As I appear to be 'timed out,' of the Ebay regulations for assistance, how can I find a real person to talk to, as the seller is clearly operating again on Ebay? 

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Sent the wrong item!

@mj_256 wrote:

On order No. 15-10352-28751 The item I received was wrong and the seller undertook to correct this, but was having a relationship difficulty. Allowing her time to resolve her difficulties, six months have now passed without a refund or the correct item arriving. As I appear to be 'timed out,' of the Ebay regulations for assistance, how can I find a real person to talk to, as the seller is clearly operating again on Ebay? 

Why on earth did you allow the seller to time you out of the 30 days money back guarantee.

eBay won't be interested in helping you but here's a link to their customer services anyway.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid 

If you paid by PayPal they allow cases to be opened in their resolution  centre up to 180 days from when you paid.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Sent the wrong item!

I was the seller raising this issue NOT the buyer!
I have sorted it and everyone is happy!
Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Sent the wrong item!

@emanarvintagecurios wrote:
I was the seller raising this issue NOT the buyer!
I have sorted it and everyone is happy!

I was replying to the the poster who resurrected your thread instead of starting their own.

Glad you got your problem sorted though.😁

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent