Selling second hand items that now are listed as embargoed

Tried to list an old (70 yrs) Persian carpet but being as eBays Bot checks anything to do with the goverments Emabargoed goods policy It says I cant sell it as its prohibited WHAT!!!

I spoke to a customer service guy and he said he cant see a way around it apart from leaving out the country of origin, so look out people make sure in you main heading description you dont mention an embargoed country

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

eBay is an American Company, so anything with the words Persian ( Iran) is banned.

A way round this is to list your beautiful rugs naming them Traditional Style Rugs.

If you add the knot / thread count,   anyone reading the description will know of their origin.

I travelled extensively around the Khyber Pass and Peshawar in the 80's so luckily acquired many of these beautiful rugs,  you're lucky to own them,  good luck with the correct phraseology and price,  those in the 'know'  will realise the quality and the item you are selling , without the need of the word Persian.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Most other countries can use Persia and/or Iran in the title.

For some strange reason, we, in the UK, can't in some categories.

It only applies to the title - call it from the Middle East or just Middle Eastern.

You can use Persia(n) in the description.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent