Selling Football Trading Cards in UK

Hello,

My name is Jim and I am just starting to collect and sell cards.  At 130 Days sober, football card collecting gave me a new focus in life to nejoy the pursuit of your favourite player or team.

I'm trying ro sell and if anyone can help me with selling i would appreciate it.  Evne help with pricing etc as i am new to this too.

To sell i have:

Panini France 2016, Russia 2018, Euro 2020 and Qatar 2022, SPFL 2022/23 and Decos 2023/24

@juztjim

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Congrats first of all on your milestone !

What you can do is to check out how other sellers have priced these items,  take a look at the ones listed for sale,  but for a more realistic approach to the price you may receive,  clicking on the item, then go down the left sidebar to  ' Sold',  that will show you the price actually made when the item sold.

Just add the full title of the card you wish to sell into the big Search bar,  top of the eBay page,  to the right click on Search.

Wishing you happy and Successful eBaying.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Congrats first of all on your milestone !

What you can do is to check out how other sellers have priced these items,  take a look at the ones listed for sale,  but for a more realistic approach to the price you may receive,  clicking on the item, then go down the left sidebar to  ' Sold',  that will show you the price actually made when the item sold.

Just add the full title of the card you wish to sell into the big Search bar,  top of the eBay page,  to the right click on Search.

Wishing you happy and Successful eBaying.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you Tressy for your quick response, i just had two questions.

1. I sold 20 items all at ''prompted'' and sold one card at £40 and livid when i just got back £18.12 as charged for all 20 items approx promoted.  I wa slivid but welling to let bygones be bygones and move forward.

2. I have zero nectar points afer just linking my account.  Is there please anyway i can recoup ebay-nectar points over previous 5 years (especially 12 months please)?

Jim

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I would guess that most experienced private sellers don't promote their items.  If your items are going to sell, they will do so without you paying to promote them.

I have promoted items from time to time but they don't seem to get any more views or sell more quickly and I think you are wasting your money.

You will only get Nectar points on your purchases after you have registered your card/linked your Nectar and Ebay accounts.  You can't claim points for previous transactions.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Have you added any of the following optional upgrades to any of your listings?  These have a non returnable listing fee charged the second the item goes live.

Here is a list of the more common listing upgrades you can select, and they all have non-refundable fees, so payable sale or no sale, and charged the second the item goes live for sale.

A reserve will cost 4% of your set reserve.

Adding a Buy it Now to an auction listing, costs 50p.

Subtitles £2

Gallery Plus Photos £2.50

Listings in 2 categories 35p

1-3 day listing duration 35p

You can see a complete breakdown of eBay fees here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/fin/transactions

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: