SPARES/REPAIR BEING RETURNED AS NOT WORKING EBAY BULLYING.

Hi all, at my wits end with ebay.

Sold two high end vintage (80's) german cameras with expensive rechargeable batteries to a UK buyer.

These were my fathers and have been sat in a padded case for years, not used, untested etc etc, they did work I used to see him using them as a boy.

These cameras fully functional wprth around £1000 each

I listed them for a guy who requested  a personalised listing after back and forward messages for £600, I put TWICE on the listing description spares/repair, not guaranteed to work and no returns.

Buyer first messaged me to say they weren't working I could refund him £400, I refused, he has now opened a return case as non functional.

Ebay have now contacted me in a bullying/intimidating manner saying to send him a returns lable within 4 days or they 'can' allow him his money back AND keep the goods if I don't.

They haven't even investigated or ruled on the case and they're bullying me into agreeing a return and sending him a prepaid returns lable.

If this happens, this is me done with ebay after 25 years that's it.

Thanks for listening.

Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

Re: SPARES/REPAIR BEING RETURNED AS NOT WORKING EBAY BULLYING.

its rubbish sold motorbike enginespares or repair buyer as taken apart engine took some parts out then said i want to return parts missing ,sold spares or repair,,,its a joke so he as is parts to fix his bike but i have to pay return and give him is money back ?????? something wrong with the rules here 

Message 21 of 27
See Most Recent

Hi

As a business seller can you not deduct 50% from his original payment because the item was not returned as received?

Message 22 of 27
See Most Recent

i dont think so ebay just nt allow it ,,buyers always honest as the day is long and we just talk rubbish ,found out the parts he said are missing cannot be bought in uk for a year there are non available its so obvisious and i cannot do nothing ,,,,crazy 

Message 23 of 27
See Most Recent

Once you receive the item back, you need to refund the buyer. However, if the item has been used, altered or damaged, it may be appropriate to deduct an amount from the buyer's refund to cover the loss in the item's value.

If the return is eligible, you'll see the option to deduct a specific amount or a percentage when you refund the buyer through the return request. Once you've sent the refund, we'll keep the return open for up to 10 days so that we can help the buyer if they ask us to step in, but because you're protected there's nothing more for you to do.

See our seller protections for full details of eligibility and how we protect you in these situations. Keep in mind that you're not eligible for fee credits when you deduct from the buyer's refund for a return that was used, altered or damaged, and you'll no longer see this option if eBay steps in to help with the return.

How to deduct from the buyer's refund when the item is returned in a different condition

If you qualify to deduct an amount from the buyer's refund:

1. Find the item in your Returns dashboard - opens in new window or tab.
  2. Select Report Problem or Refund Now and enter the reason for the deduction.
  3. On the next screen, select the percentage you want to deduct from the refund amount (see our guidelines below).
  4. Add a comment explaining why the refund isn't full.
  5. Select Refund now.

Guidelines for how much to deduct from the refund

Message 24 of 27
See Most Recent

`Used unfortunately, didn't even see the other option`

and that was your mistake, by listing under `used`, regardless of what you say in the description!

So you`ve left yourself wide open to this one and will have to just swallow your pride, issue a label, get them back and refund, you can`t win this.

Message 25 of 27
See Most Recent

it is wrong he had a engine all complete spares aor repair he as took clutch parts out of the engine which you cannot get in this ccountry for at least a year ,,,and nothing i can do in ebays eyes ,suppose i need to do a personal visit to collect my item back 

Message 26 of 27
See Most Recent

all my bike parts are used 

Message 27 of 27
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: