SELLERS DON'T ALWAYS LEAVE FEEDBACK!

I have seen sellers mention that some buyers don't leave feedback ... as a buyer only PLEASE sellers leave feedback for us buyers! It's just as important for us as it is for you as a seller in order to build reputation and confidence!

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

papso22
Experienced Mentor

It's actually nowhere near as important for buyers to have feedback left for them as it is for sellers, as buyers can only get positive feedback, meaning it can be very bland and practically meaningless.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

to be fair a buyers FB is irrelevant as many buyers use Guest logins which show 0 anyway.  I only look at FB of "annoying" buyers and check if they have left petty negs & neutrals for sellers and they they get blocked but apart from that a buyer isnt building any reputation with loads of positive (as that is all we can leave anyway)

Of course couldnt help but look at yours:

Neutral : Delivery very late, seller refunded. Book arrived, tried to pay again, seller would not take payment.

You gave a seller a neutral after they refunded you for late delivery!!! - Maybe appreciate that FB works both ways.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Buyers' feedback left for others is more important than feedback received. 

Sellers use this to get an idea of what sort of buyer they will turn out to be.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I leave feedback for buyers before posting. Just a basic fluff message with a note of the day I will be posting the item.

I have noticed there are a fair few buyers who leave feedback regularly for other sellers but don't leave it for me. I think as they have already received my feedback they don't bother doing it so my feedback score is lower than it would be if I waited to leave it in return for them. If I was feeling petty I would set feedback up automatically to leave it reciprocally but it goes against the spirit of what eBay should be.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Personally i dont agree in sellers setting up their listings to send feedback only when a buyer sends them feedback. Buyers usually have options regarding which seller they purchase from and as such a seller should appreciate the buyer for buying from them. I always leave feedback for a buyer who buys something from me. I do this once i can see that the item tracking shows it has been delivered. The majority of my buyers send me feedback. Its also common for buyers to message me thanking me for everything and that they are delighted with their purchase but do not send feedback, some obviously just prefer the personal touch Some sellers set up their listings to send automatic feedback once buyer has paid for the item. I do not tend to send a seller feedback unless they show appreciation towards me for buying their item and not just waiting for my feedback. Perhaps i am more used to the way eBay used to be, where reciprocal feedback tended to be the normal way things used to work. Perhaps i think differently to other buyers and sellers but this is just my take on things. However no feedback is better than negative feedback.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

The only buyer feedback that is of any interest is their feedback left for others.  This can say a lot about a buyer and is very useful when deciding whether to accept an offer.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: