Running Behind? Can anyone help me?

Hi all,

Recently sold a watch to someone, posted the item and it's now saying "Running Behind". Royal Mail tracking is showing nothing as a delivery has not been attempted yet. The customer is getting pretty irate about it and has raised a case about it!

It was won at auction on the 19th and I posted it on the 21st, within time. So the estimate is totally wrong too!

I'm very new to this, have I done something wrong? I am so confused 😞

Screenshot_2024-02-25_17-18-55.png

Message 1 of 44
See Most Recent
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Running Behind? Can anyone help me?

Oh !!! - Ouch - an expensive learning lesson it appears.

Message 41 of 44
See Most Recent

That said - whilst i assume there will be a tutorial on getting started with selling on ebay - would a monitored help period (from a kinda of experienced Monitor type of member? ) be of advantage to the new comers?

Message 42 of 44
See Most Recent

100% they need to stop confusing everyone with postage. It is complex and trying to minimise it down to padded envelopes / cabin luggage etc is a farce that is backfiring on their private sellers. 

I can send a snooker cue with Evri as a small parcel yet for example a 20x20x20cm box is a medium parcel with Royal Mail because of the height. RM will take 45cmx35cmx16cm as a small parcel.

The other thing is the Post Office staff don't always understand the dimensions either. I take maximum size large letters there a lot and have been queried on it as they think it is a small parcel. A private seller will just take their word for it and overpay. 

Message 43 of 44
See Most Recent

How did you get on with this?

Because I checked the tracking on my Royal Mail app at the time and it stayed on my list, I noticed it finally got a delivery confirmation scan yesterday.

Message 44 of 44
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: