Returning laptop under guarantee

Seller has told me to return my faulty refurbished laptop as its still under guarantee,  who pays the postage?

I can't find any info on their site.

Thanks for any advice please 

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

If the guarantee is from the seller i.e. you are outside of the eBay 30 day guarantee, then I believe that under UK law you are required to return the item to the seller at your cost (for the repair or replacement under guarantee).

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Are you still within 30 days of the item's last estimatef date for delivery?  Then,  the seller pays for the return postage but you need to first open a case for item not as described,  and follow the instructions there carefully.

You have received an item not as described,  so you are guaranteed a full refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  if you claim within 30 days of the item's last estimated date for delivery.

You then go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Your guarantee is as good as your ability to enforce it, you have 30 days from delivery to open a case with ebay.  When did you buy this item and is the seller a business?

****************************************************************************************

A consignment of geriatric shoe manufacturers.
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

If the guarantee is from the seller i.e. you are outside of the eBay 30 day guarantee, then I believe that under UK law you are required to return the item to the seller at your cost (for the repair or replacement under guarantee).

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reply.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent