Rejected by outward mc

Hi people I'm just really confused I'm a starting seller and I made my first sale and I've posted it through Royal Mail 48 hour tracked. It got accepted at the post office but I've checked where it is today and for the last 3 days it says "rejected by outward mc" every single day for the last 3 days. Can someone please help on what this means and what will happen next.

Message 1 of 31
See Most Recent
30 REPLIES 30

Rejected by outward mc

Just read this below and looks like RM machines haven't been able to read the label?

https://www.reddit.com/r/royalmail/comments/x4x0ob/what_does_this_mean/

Was the address hand written?

It could be that something has damaged the label. EG a machine or something else has leaked on yours or any possibility of causes.

I'd open a chat with RM or phone them and ask them to look at it.

Good luck

Message 2 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

Same thing has happened to 4 of my parcels and other parcels I've sent through Hermes all been delivered

Sodium post office useless especially when scanned at post office ok to start with and going to have to lose money out giving refunds for goods I've posted out ok a

So I thought 🤬

Message 3 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

@podzgalore wrote:

Hi people I'm just really confused I'm a starting seller and I made my first sale and I've posted it through Royal Mail 48 hour tracked. It got accepted at the post office but I've checked where it is today and for the last 3 days it says "rejected by outward mc" every single day for the last 3 days. Can someone please help on what this means and what will happen next.

That seems to mean Royal Mail's automated sorting machine started flashing red warning lights and rejected the package to be sorted manually.

How did you pay for the postage; did you purchase a label or use stamps? Was the item sent in a box or a mailing bag (or something else)? Also, has your buyer opened an "item not received" case?     

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 4 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

Or is it their tracking system up-the-wall again?

I posted a parcel over the P.O counter on Monday, 2nd class, medium parcel.  Started checking the Reference Number yesterday on Track & Trace.  All I'm getting is "Sorry there is a problem, please try again."

Message 5 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

@theelench wrote:

Or is it their tracking system up-the-wall again?

I don't think so; when their tracking isn't working there's usually no tracking shown but some sort of naff apology displayed like the one you saw.

"Rejected by outbound mc" is a logged event in the tracking that I believe means the outbound mail centre has found a problem with the item. In another thread I pondered whether Royal Mail's Revenue Protection (Racket) Department is now up to their old tricks with retail customers - the OP had the same message in their tracking just before their buyer received a "fee to pay" card.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 6 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

The same happened to me last week. I paid the correct postage but they sent a card to my customer telling them that they will need to pay £6.50 for the parcel to be delivered. They basically said that I had not paid enough postage, when in fact I did. I think they're doing this a lot lately I've seen here on forums. 

Message 7 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

The annoying thing is one buyer asked for the £3.50 extra postal costs and
I've changed my total earnings for that transaction is I'm out of pocket
for £1.80 😭🤬 so intact I've given the jumpers away and paid all postage.
Well been conned. I know now to sell at higher prices and send parcels with
evri instead
Message 8 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

Thanks, it's always helpful to know how to interpret their short and often not very helpful messages.  I also  just read another thread about sellers being stung when their buyers have received a "fee to pay" cards, hope it's not the same for the OP.

Anyway I'm relieved as they seem to have fixed whatever "the problem" was in my case.  Tried again later yesterday evening and it's been delivered.   Posted on Monday 2nd class --  arrived Friday  --  not bad these days (EBAY PLEASE NOTE).

Message 9 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

i`ve had this a few times, but just ignore it now, because within a day or so, it gets corrected, probably manually by a worker. I`m not sure if it`s an issue with the machine not reading barcodes, postcodes or whatever it is they do, but everytime it`s happened to me, it has been corrected at some point.

Message 10 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

This has just happened to me!

I paid the correct postage as I did it through eBay and I noticed the parcel hadn't moved for 2 days so I just rang Royal Mail and they said there is a £3.50 surcharge on a 200g Tracked 48 parcel!

So now it's cost me £6.50 For this, I could have sent it DPD next day for that, Royal Mail you are an atrocious scam I will not be using them again.

Message 11 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

Contact Freepost Royal Mail Plymouth [by letter - obviously].  Make a fuss and get a refund

@suzy_mum_of_3 

@kenki7857 

Message 12 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

I Totally agree. The post office has been a nightmare for me with ripping
me off 4 times and other parcel I sent out with everi or yodel all got
there no problems.
Message 13 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

I sent 3 small parcels Saturday morning all weighing no more 250g and according to eBay's postage selector it was covered up to 1kg.

1 has got to it's destination, The biggest one no less and 1 is stuck at South Midlands MC since Saturday morning hasn't moved and the smallest one is the the one that got the rejected by machine, Go figure how that works out.

My last time using these incompetent people.

Never have I had issues like this sending simple small parcels weighing a feather.

Message 14 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

I have been selling on other sites for a few years now; I've sent over 1,100 mailers out on one site and never had a single problem. I generally get feedback marvelling at how quick I am. The first time I sold something on ebay, royal mail has not delivered, the item has been marked "Rejected by outward mc", no-one can tell me when the item will be delivered (its a £200 item). On top of this EBay are holding my money until the item is delivered, after charging me 14.6% in fees, including taking a fee on the postage charge. To say I feel like I have been mugged is an understatement. 

Message 15 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

I beleive (tongue in cheek) that the machines are made by fugitsu.😂😩

Justice for the postmasters

Message 16 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

It is the same Horizon system rejecting my post whilst telling me its only me that is having this problem so it must be me not them

Message 17 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

Hello, I am in the same situation and the buyer opened a case. My parcel is due tomorrow to be delivered. What should I do if its not delivered?

Message 18 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

I ended up losing some on a sale and paid next day delivery charges for something that took over a week.

No thanks to eBay who are no help either, All they care about is after I've refunded the buyer more postage charges they just wanted their money back also.

I'm done with eBay and Royal Mail.

Message 19 of 31
See Most Recent

Rejected by outward mc

So you had to refund and pay charges...?? Do I need to get my item back then?

Message 20 of 31
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: