Refunded the buyer but need to claim from courier

The buyer has not recieved the items I sent, Yodel, the courier has admited they are lost in their depot. The buyer has raised this on ebay and I have refunded him. 

Yodel  say to contact ebay and ebay will sort it with Yodel.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Iain

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you, I though that would be the case but just wanted confirmation from someone more knowledgeable in these matters.

I'll try Yodel again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Nope,  Yodel me thinks,   are telling you porkies, and trying to shrug off responsibility for refunding you.

eBay has nothing to do with Yodel not delivering your item.

You correctly refunded your buyer first,  through an eBay case, that's as far as eBay's concern lies with this transaction.

Get through to Yodel again ,  perhaps you will get a more honest or knowledgeable agent to give you the correct information to follow ,  for compensation for an item they lost.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Thank you, I though that would be the case but just wanted confirmation from someone more knowledgeable in these matters.

I'll try Yodel again.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

I hear from others,  I personally have never used them, that it can be quite a trial to receive compensation,  but you are in the right here to receive a refund, so keep on at them,  good luck.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

If you booked the delivery direct with Yodel then they are who your claim is with.

If however you booked via eBay/Packlink you need to claim from them and you can start that here using the bottom left box for claims

https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014270619#

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Thank you, I did book through packlink. I've completed the form and I'll expect an outcome soon.

Very helpful.

Thanks again,

Iain

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent