Purchasing labels prior to dispatch by date

Hello. I have set in my settings that I do not work on weekends. That's partially because I can not ship anything on those days because of my other activities. That means on Mondays I have 3 days worth of orders to pack and send which is quite annoying sometimes. I was wondering If I could prepare the orders, buy the labels over the weekend and then drop them off on Monday? Or would that mess with the expected time somehow because the system beleaves I actually posted the item the day I have purchased the labels?

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No it shouldn't make a difference as Ebay only count Mon - Fri as delivery days.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

As far as i know once you buy the label Ebay notify the buyer that the item is dispatched and class it as so at their end so the latest estimated delivery date would be set then.

With that in mind i'm guessing you could pick up defects for late delivery.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

It is fine to buy the labels any time within your despatch window. 

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

That's not a problem as weekend days are not counted as delivery days. I post all my w/e parcels on Monday mornings after packing at the weekend.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

I am primarily using Royal Mail 2 class which does deliveries on Saturdays. Would that have any impact?

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

No it shouldn't make a difference as Ebay only count Mon - Fri as delivery days.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

For items with a despatch date of Monday I create the labels on Sunday, which is a non-working day for both me and RM.  It doesn't seem to affect the EDD.

The buyer does get a despatch email on Sunday, and I have had a couple of idiots that are unaware that RM don't pick up on a Sunday.  Probably the same species of idiot that was unaware of RM strike days.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

I got a message once asking if I had my own post office as I was able to buy postage and provide a tracking number.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent