Not helpful members at all!

Please do not come on here expecting some helpful impartial useful advice. In fact I challenge you to find one post where a seller hasn't ultimately been blamed for a completely unfair stacked system which always going to believe a sellers lies. In fact in my honest opinion these are just ebay employees reinforcing a totally unfair stacked system. I'm just gutted it took me so long to realise what a fool I'd been thinking I would would receive any help. Ebay have u huge unfair monopoly that their never gonna give up and their gonna keep up their terrible attitudes to sellers because they know there isn't a damn thing u can do. They'll just take the money right out your account for the criminals. Oh and please don't ever sell a vehicle on here unless it's cash only. You will have little to no recourse if some 1 wants a free car. Guarantee you ebay wouldn't lift a finger to help you. No doubt this will be taken down by an unhelpful member who's actually an employee lol.

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

Everyone here is just like you, a seller and/or buyer, nobody works for Ebay.

Why are you so annoyed and what was the issue with the car?

Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

For the avoidance of doubt no one "on here" is an eBay employee save those who are clearly indicated with "@ebay" in their ID.  

We are members who over the years [and in general] know how the eBay system works.   "How it works" rather than how people may think it should work.  It works for many of us but there are many items which I would never buy here [beds, car batteries and so on]

Many would agree that buyers are favoured over sellers. 

EBay has mainly automated systems and very few situations where it will carry out any significant "investigations"       @jamie7177 

Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

Hi yes sorry perhaps I should clarify that that was just one of the many ways ebay will not help you because of clauses etc. I'm actually a video game controller fixer who just got sh@fted by being scammed and to add insult to injury negative feedback ruining me down to 96.4% making it impossible for me to sell £40 ps5 controllers. Who in their right mind would risk that. Ebay told me to basically suck it up. However I knew something like this would happen and I have gathered evidence to support my claim. I'm so seriously angry about this I've sought legal advice and luckily I have evidence proving what this individual did to me was basically theft enabled by a large corporation. Honestly they've messed with the wrong person this time. I have been a member for 19 years provided a flawless service doing high quality perfect repairs to controllers from all the major game system's I have an engineering background and many qualifications in the field both electrical and mechanical. Just be careful guys and don't ever think ebay gives a single toss about you! And fight back people stand up for yourselves! Don't stand for it no more!!!

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

I'm just not buying that sorry. In my personal opinion you are ebay employees who just so happen to have an ebay account. I have never once seen you guys side with a seller and agree they have a point. It's always basically please just lube up and accept like the good little pawn you are. You will never change my mind on this sir.

Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

How were you scammed, because reading the negative seems to show the buyer complaining about delivery times, nothing else.

Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@jamie7177 wrote:

Oh and please don't ever sell a vehicle on here unless it's cash only. You will have little to no recourse if some 1 wants a free car. Guarantee you ebay wouldn't lift a finger to help you.

Payments for cars should be cash on collection or bank transfer on collection (if preferred by the seller) - eBay won't accept electronic payments for cars so I'm not sure what other payment method you offered for your car?

Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

@jamie7177 wrote:

Hi yes sorry perhaps I should clarify that that was just one of the many ways ebay will not help you because of clauses etc. I'm actually a video game controller fixer who just got sh@fted by being scammed and to add insult to injury negative feedback ruining me down to 96.4% making it impossible for me to sell £40 ps5 controllers. Who in their right mind would risk that. Ebay told me to basically suck it up. 

Galling though it may be, you're (incorrectly) trading on a private account so in theory this shouldn't affect you. If you'd been correctly registered on a business account then I could see how this could impact your business. 

Will your buyer not agree to revise that feedback?

Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

One  bad feedback due to Royal Mail delivering late is not the end of the world. More to the point ,it  appears you are running a game controller repair  buisness on a private  selling site  breaking the distant selling laws.

maybe worth taking this in account when seeking legal advice.

Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

@jamie7177 wrote:

What the hell are you on about you silly little man. You can basically earn £10,000 per year without declaring it. I do it just for fun since I retired, gives me the perfect excuse to play video games since I retired lol. Stops my extremely beautiful wife from nagging me as much. Seriously buddy just try and offer helpful advice rather than confirming you are no doubt another unhelpful useless employee! I mean how better than to confirm my suspicions. How is that impartial helpful advice. Please increase your post count at some one else's expense please. Honestly anybody got any useful seller oriented help!?

No you can't.  You can turn over up to £1000 without declaring it.  That is called your trading allowance.  Beyond that, you must declare self assessment tax return to HMRC.  

You are also fraudulently misrepresenting yourself as a private seller.

Members here are trying to give you advice.. in your best interest. Ad-hominem insults won't get you very far!

Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@jamie7177 wrote:

You can basically earn £10,000 per year without declaring it. 

Eek, no that's wrong. Hopefully you've not been under that misapprehension for too long because eBay are now passing info on to HMRC in a new reporting scheme.

The £1000 is a Trading Allowance, and it's for small/hobby business sellers. They can sell £1000 worth of goods (gross sales, not profit) before having to declare this on a self assessment return.

Once they go above £1,000 they need to complete a self assessment.

You do need to have an eBay business account if you're not a private seller listing their own personal bits and pieces such as items from their wardrobe/loft/garage etc.

Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

'What the hell are you on about you silly little man'' Honestly anybody got any useful seller oriented help!?'

You are rude and angry. Why would anyone want to help you with this attitude? 

Wish I did work for Ebay as I would be pressing the big red delete button.

Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You can earn £1,000 a year without declaring it to HMRC, so if you think it's £10,000 (and that's not a typo) you have a problem.  That is helpful advice for a seller as it may save you from a tax bill plus a penalty.

It's consumer law you are obviously breaking. Advising a seller that they are breaking the law is helpful in my opinion, especially if they didn't realise they were.  Of course if it is a deliberate decision by the seller to get free listings they are not entitled to, then they probably won't see it as so helpful.  

There are hundreds of threads where members have assisted sellers with issues, helped them avoid getting scammed, pointed them towards guidance, or told them how best to approach ebay CS, but there is not doubt that ebay treats buyers better than sellers. 

Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

@jamie7177 wrote:

You can basically earn £10,000 per year without declaring it. 

You can earn £1,000 (three zeroes) from trading income without declaring it per year. Any trading income over £1,000 needs to be declared to HMRC even if your total income from all sources is still below the tax-free personal allowance (£12,570). Also, a trader's tax obligations are separate to the obligations they have towards consumers.

Anyway, time for me to trot off to Richmond in Surrey as apparently I have a job I never applied for to go to...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

Nope a personal income of £10,000 is allowed however u make it, whether its growing food or up cycling whatever so stop being so ridiculously silly. Eek jeez what are you a mouse who the hell in their right mind uses that word. Please increase your post count by giving false facts to some chump who might believe your nonsense false useless advice!! Grow up and please act your age "eek makes you sound a  like a silly little girl who need her mommy to catch a spider for her!!!

Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

Not if i got there first!! Why don't YOU grow up, as a retired gentleman your acting like a 10 year old and i don't help 10 year olds who clearly know better than everyone else, ebay staff or not, so i'll leave you to the rest of the guys ...... Pathetic!!

Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

@jamie7177 wrote:

Nope a personal income of £10,000 is allowed however u make it, whether its growing food or up cycling whatever so stop being so ridiculously silly. Eek jeez what are you a mouse who the hell in their right mind uses that word. Please increase your post count by giving false facts to some chump who might believe your nonsense false useless advice!! Grow up and please act your age "eek makes you sound a  like a silly little girl who need her mommy to catch a spider for her!!!

Aw, you seemed such a nice guy.

However, you are 100% incorrect if you think that you may earn £10,000 without having to declare it.

You may have a personal allowance of above that amount, but you're still required to complete a tax assessment for sales above £1,000 per tax year.

Why don't you contact HMRC and they can explain this to you, you can insult them instead and get whatever has embittered you so badly off your chest. 

Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

You've got confused between the Trading Allowance and Personal Allowance (which is currently £12,570).

Quick internet search would confirm this for you

(Edit..above poster beat me to it)

Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

Ok Michael Knight calm down what would Devon say wow. Didn't know you would have a kitt oops meant fit lol. Another ebay employee definitely! I never claimed to be a gentleman either so please dont make assumptions about me. I'm the guy you get when you have a problem no 1 else will help u with!!

Message 19 of 22
See Most Recent

If by being an "employee" we get paid [a normal employee/employer relationsip] - I wish!

We used to get a few Cadbury Roses at Christmas but that's all!

I buy a lot on eBay for convenience and have sold a few things.  I have never had any trouble.  After 17 years I opened my first case; superb service from the seller. 

@jamie7177 

Message 20 of 22
See Most Recent