MC011 Your account is currently restricted from selling on eBay

Hi guys,

"MC011 Your account is currently restricted from selling on eBay"

I have provided the receipts requested (despite not being a business seller, I was selling off a portion of my music collection due to COVID disabling me) and even sent eBay a doctors not from my GP (they requested) to prove I was hospitalised with COVID-19 from late November 2023 to early January 2024. I had items listed during this time and due to almost dying from the virus, I was bed bound and most of the orders for items I had listed that sold from Nov to Dec I wasn't able to fulful. All the cases I resolved with refunds or sending the items I could through a family member shipping them out for me. 

I have had this account for 19 years without a SINGLE problem. I am heartbroken that they are choosing to SUSPEND ME FROM SELLING FOREVER when I did everything to rectify policy violations that were caused by a medical issue.

I have been appealing this for months. Customer services have lied to me multiple times. Sometimes they say they will appeal and its a valid medical issue with proof. Then they say they need receipts. I get different rubbish from each person I speak to and they literally have a PDF from my doctors with my personal health problems all over it. I paid for this doctors letter. They said it would be adeuqate proof to remove the restrictions. Then they say it isnt proof. All I'm getting is smoke and mirrors.

Zero loyalty or integrity from this company. I have complied with their requests, I have proof it was a legit medical issue that almost killed me and was the reason my seller performance dipped for only a few months whilst I was sick in bed.

Why am I being penalised after 19 years of loyalty, all the proof they requested for AND for a health issue that wasnt my fault?

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Ouch, that's harsh, but to be honest I can't see eBay giving in here, your seller performance must've dropped so low that it's beyond recovery.  Your feedback percentage is extremely low. 

Every time you ring eBay CS they will likely ask for another peice of paper, but I've never seen a seller come back from something like this.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Right but there was a valid reason for it. I have proof. I also provided all the docs and everything they needed. Extremely low? Its 89.5%. This is an outdated metric if thats extremely low.

You can clearly see the gaps in positive and negative feedback and that was because I was in and out of sickness for months and anytime I could get out of bed to rectify/sort it, I did. Thats why its a mix bag of feedback.

This is beyond harsh. A temporary restriction for 3-6 months makes sense. But to outright BAN ME from selling is actually patheticc given the fact I've had 100% positive feedback the 18 years prior for just selling on and off. Its a joke. I'm not even a business, I was sick and sold off parts of my personal music collection to FUND MY HEALTHCARE with COVID.

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Ebay are protecting their business and ours

buyers dont care what your issues are

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

@gilljj wrote:

Right but there was a valid reason for it. I have proof. I also provided all the docs and everything they needed. Extremely low? Its 89.5%. This is an outdated metric if thats extremely low.

You can clearly see the gaps in positive and negative feedback and that was because I was in and out of sickness for months and anytime I could get out of bed to rectify/sort it, I did. Thats why its a mix bag of feedback.

It's a shame that you just didn't end your listings and stop selling at that point, it will have limited the damage.

eBay want all sellers to adhere to at least their minimum seller performance levels, and you're now going to be way under what they deem to be acceptable.

Defects are given due to a seller not resolving a request on their own and eBay has to step in and resolve it for them. If you cancel an order because you can't complete the transaction and ship then you will receive a defect. Defects are also given for late shipping and tracking not uploaded on time and validated.

Check your Seller Dashboard (there's a link on the eBay guidance below) to see where the problems lie, and if you need any help understanding it just pop back here with a screenshot of it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347&st=3&pos=1&que...

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

You say "I was in and out of sickness for months". So that must have been a difficult time for you. Was there a reason that you didn't just stop all your eBay listings until you had properly recovered?

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

This is objectively false as some buyers did actually care and were concerned. And expressed so. The issue isn't the buyers, who understood when I explained what happened.

This is a dumb take. I have 18 YEARS of nothing but positive feedback with this company and with buyers and sellers. There is nothing to "protect" as no fraud was done. There was no "risk" as buyers were refunded, receipts produced, and tracking for what did go out.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

I literally could not stand, breathe or walk when I caught COVID. I was severe. Also had asthma attacks and that led to worsened symptoms. My focus was on literally surviving this virus, I couldn't even remember where I was at one point. This virus is no joke and I think companies need to be understanding when this is clearly not a normal situation or circumstance. But then again, if our own governments dont take our literal lives seriously, do I expect ebay to? I guess not.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

See the above reply to another person - I was literally unable to breathe, walk or see properly for at least 4 weeks. I had no family here to take my logins at home to remove the listings, nor was I even coherent enough to instruct my 60+ year old parents (my only family) to take the listings down. They are not tech literate. How could I have instructed my family whilst oxygen and half conscious for weeks. I couldn't even form a sentence for 2 weeks. This virus is no joke and the severity varies for each person. If I had the health to remotely remove the listings myself, I would have. I was fighting myocarditis, asthma attacks + covid symptoms for at least 4 weeks. I was more worried about making it out alive for my family than I was worrying about my job, finances or my listings.

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

When a seller is alone and falls ill there is no "back up" process that allows sellers like the OP to protect their account and to be able to deal with any issues that may arise.

"World isn't perfect" springs to mind.

The only thoughts that i can share with the OP is to take time out and find another way.OP is trying to sell items in a niche market ,this venue is only 1 avenue ,there are MANY others available to those trying to trade sought after items.

Other avenues may take time and effort to get established but once done it's a much happier experience with sooooooooooo much less hassle and stress.

Only going on my personal experience !.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Any suggestions, cause honestly I agree if there is a better marketplace or platform then I'd much rather get out of eBay. It used to be an incredible place to just trade with other people through selling my vinyl and music collection but now its become horrific like my experience. It seems loyalty means nothing to this company, despite me providing them even medical evidence they asked for.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Bumping this cause I think its absolutely INSANE that they have ZERO "policies" in place to protect accounts that have been in perfect standing for over a decade? Like, how?

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Again, eBay have Seller Performance metrics in place and just can't factor what is going on in sellers/buyers personal lives so will restrict accounts that fail. I do think it's wrong that they requested proof of illness and incapacity and you provided it and they've not considered it, I've no idea why they asked for that, but looking at some of your neutrals and negs some looked to be rolling in before you were incapacitated, so when the next lot arrived they dragged your percentage down even further beyond recovery.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent