Late Delivery Rate

Our delivery rate has gone from zero to 1.3%.

I assume this was from last weekend when Ebay didn't take into account the public holiday last Monday.

Was anyone else affected by this ?

Will ebay correct it? or is it worth contacting them?

We are just about to get top-reted-seller but we could loose this if it happens again. 

Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Late Delivery Rate

Thanks, I'll check it again in a few days.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

Late Delivery Rate

I'm thinking it may be the same as the Christmas royal mail strikes dates..... within a week the late delivery strikes get removed? 🤞

Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

In the last 2 weeks or so i have had about 70% of my mail and parcels delivered late usually about 2 to 5 days after latest estimated delivery date.This is not normal for my area.

I know this is rarely the sellers fault so as soon as an item arrives i do feedback and say yes when its asks "did this arrive by ???.

The sad thing is that later on the tracking usually updates and shows as delivered and the date of delivery which is later than Ebay say it should have.

I'm guessing that this will issue an auto defect against the sellers which i think is very unfair as sellers cannot control the courier companies at all.

Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

Thanks, I'll check it again in a few days.

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

Was this just the buyers who reported items late?

Or you entered tracking info onto the ebay site?

Or you bought postage from ebay which automatically adds tracking info?

when you add info into an unreliable platform, you really should expect issues.

Why do you want to be Top Rated Seller?

Its not like it offers the benefits it used to hold, but the hoops are more plentiful.

Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

I've looked deeper in to this, I dispatched 3 items last Tuesday which eBay said i should have dispatched on the Monday (public holiday).

Only 1 is flagged as a late delivery so I'm thinking eBay have already corrected 2 of them and the 3rd should be scrubbed shortly.

Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

Maybe - but id be surprised if ebay went to the trouble of correcting something - even though it was them who created the problem, then punished you for it.

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

I'm sure there would have been several thousand items marked dispatched one day late last week. I can't be the only seller to have this issue. EBay small print does say that errors like this can be automatically corrected but can take up to 72hours.

Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

Nothing seems to have changed since my last sale in early August.  

Item bought and paid for  8pm yesterday (Sunday 3rd).

Ebay tells me to dispatch (2nd class post) by 5th (Tuesday)

Ebay tells buyer to expect delivery 6 - 7th (Wednesday / Thursday)

The last sale didn't make it from my part of Kent to the Medway area, also in Kent, on time.

What chance has this one got of reaching Aberdeenshire in Scotland when ebay says it will?

But according to ebay I'm at fault if it doesn't.  Not RM and most certainly not the Fantasy DDs supplied by ebay.

I wish I could get some of whatever they're on at Ebay Towers, I could do with a bit of the eternal optimism it engenders.

On second thoughts, perhaps not, I don't want my grip on reality that impaired.  Having to live in the real world, like most ebay sellers, it would only lead to disaster if my brain was stuck in La La Land with the execs.

Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

I've noticed this morning that items purchased after our same day dispatch on Friday are showing they need to be dispatched by today which I would expect, but the buyer is being given an ETA for delivery of 4/9 - 5/9. We use Tracked 48 as our "free" delivery option, so all of these sales are going to be tecnically late deliveries. eBay need to sort this nonsense out before all our metrics go up the swannie! 

Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

When they do, won't that just mean ebay collects higher FVFs as a penalty from sellers who have failed the metrics having been hit with defects for late deliveries??

Perhaps that's why they insist the 'calculations' are working perfectly??  From ebays perspective they are.

Ker-ching.  Ker-ching.   Ker-ching.

Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

Appealed to Ebay (late delivery strike due to public holiday).

The reply:

Thanks for letting us know about the late delivery rating you received for (185977363177) 14g 16g and 19g Welded Chicken Wire Mesh Aviary 14 16 19 gauge galvanised. We’ve reviewed your request, but unfortunately it’s not eligible for removal. We know how important your seller reputation is, but steps like this help keep our marketplace fair. Learn more about what can and can’t be removed in our feedback policy.

Here’s some tips on how to avoid issues like this in the future

- Make sure to post within the handling time.
- Always use the delivery service the buyer selected at checkout.
- Upload tracking details as soon as you post so the buyer knows their order is on the way and can check its status.

Please know that this decision is final, but if you have any questions or concerns, just get in touch. We’re here to help.

We’re glad you’re part of our community.

Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

Was it posted between 21st - 29th Aug

See what dave@ebay posted on the weekly chat. May be worth getting a call back and quoting the below promise from eBay

"If you were impacted by this issue we will protect your performance on orders placed from 21st August to 31st August .

This will cover  your late delivery rate, which will be removed for orders placed from 21st August to 31st August . It will also cover the INR count in service metrics dashboard, these will be automatically be removed for affected orders. 

We will also remove any negative and neutral feedback relating to or arising from late or non-delivery for   affected orders during this period. 

The defect will be removed from the account within 72 hours so there shouldn't be any action necessary from your side"

Astronomy is looking up
Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

Hi @wiremeshshop 

These removals are usually automated so the tend to be done in batches. so depending on when it was left or when the batch was run it can take a bit of time for them to come off. 

If it isn't gone by the end of the week let me know and Ill have it looked into. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

Perhaps this oversight will give us some insight into how 'dynamic' ebays calculation really is??

One reason given for Fantasy DDs being consistently shorter than the sellers' dispatch window + the couriers delivery time is because ebay 'knows' that although the seller says "2/3/4 days", they dispatch in a shorter  period.  ie. same or next day.  Also because delivery companies often manage to deliver in less time than their EDDs.  Both of which are supposed to influence ebays calculation to shorten what it tells buyers.

Now we have numerous sellers all dispatching later than they normally would.

Delivery companies will also be taking at least a day longer to deliver.

Doesn't it follow from that, for anyone caught up in late deliveries because of the missed BH, should see ebays FDDs automatically lengthening the delivery dates shown to buyers for their next few sales because they posted a day later than usual?

Whether the 'calculation' is based on some sort of average or simply on observed previous dispatch dates, they will, in either case, be impacted by this event.  It's something that must be reflected by a genuine calculation.  But if, as I suspect, ebay just knocks off a day or two and claims of a complicated calculation, just a smoke-screen, the dates shown to buyers will take no notice of this event and carry-on exactly the same as they did before it occurred? 

Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

I was impacted by this telling me that I had to despatch orders on the bank holiday.

I have 4 orders from the 26th and 27th August which are marked as late delivery causing my rate to go above 1% for the first time ever. Whilst I can take a few more lates none of the ones on the 26th and 27th August where my fault I should have had another day to be able to deliver these.

Will these be removed?

Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

The strike is still there dave@ebay , I'd be very grateful if you would look into this.

Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

The strike is still there. dave@ebay 

Did you look into this as you said you would?

Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

Hi Dave, 

Can you check into my late delivery please. i Have tried customer service at least 10 times. 

I dispatch on time all the time 

thanks 

Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

Late Delivery Rate

Hi , Mine has gone from Zero to 1.0% after easter and i even have proof of postage but sadly the first scan date is when they delivered the parcel but  eBay say i posted it late even though I take all my items to the post office and they scan it in and give me proof of postage. eBay said unable to remove the defects

Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent