Item received after issuing a refund

The situation revolves around a refund issued to a buyer who hadn't received the the item at the time of refund. (Item Number: 296217390100)

An investigation into the missing package revealed it was temporarily lost and

that the buyer had received the item prior to the investigation's conclusion in late February well after the refund had been issued.

Subsequently, I reached out to the buyer, politely requesting repayment. They initially agreed but stated they would do so on their payday at the end of March which seemed fair considering the amount.

Despite gentle reminders around their purported pay date, and assurances of payment by Thursday, March 28th, the funds have not been received as of today, Tuesday.

The buyer claims issues with their card and pledges to message once the payment is sorted.

Given the outstanding amount of £114, I'm seeking advice on the next steps, recognising that eBay is unable to intervene once a refund has been issued.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Letter giving them 7 days to pay. Then letter before action. Then small claims court. Keep all communication especially that promissing payment.

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

@missdollydaydream wrote:

Letter giving them 7 days to pay. Then letter before action. Then small claims court. 

Then - assuming the OP obtains a judgement - what happens next?

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Exactly, because small claims only gives a judgement, it can't force the payment. If the judgement wasn't honoured, you'd need to involve bailiffs at extra cost, which would be nearly as much as what they owe you, although i assume, any costs could be included in any claim, but you'd need to check or look into it.

Sadly, unless the buyer is willing to pay again, there won't be alot you can do about it.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Then - assuming the OP obtains a judgement - what happens next?

And if, as is likely, it doesn't get as far as a judgement, the o.p. will win. And if it does get as far as a judgement, the o.p. may still win. Whatever the result, the o.p. will have a moral win. I speak from experience.

Photobucket

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

claims only gives a judgement, it can't force the payment. If the judgement wasn't honoured, you'd need to involve bailiffs at extra cost, ............yes to the debtor

Photobucket

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Obviously.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent