Is this survey for £500 legit or a scam?

IMG_2868.jpeg

 I recieved this email shortly after selling an item on ebay, it came from a legit looking ebay official email address but i wanted to check to see if this is a real thing that ebay carry out or if it is a scam email.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Looks like a huge scam to me, It is grammatically incorrect and they say the prize money will be paid into your paypal account. Ebay haven't had any links with Paypal for years,

I hope you didn't click on any links, if you did change all your passwords.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Most definately a scam can't even get the grammar correct. Don't know how you received this since i have had an eBay account since 2009 and i am yet to receive one to put in my junk folder.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

"you will be entered into a drawing" lol

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

I got one but i only read the e bay survey title and i binned it, did not even bother opening!  I do not take part in any survey online regardless of where it comes from.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

The message also appeared in my messages tab on the ebay app, so if it is a scam I have no idea how theyve managed to do that.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

How was the message addressed eg Dear "your first name" or Dear "wil190e" for example? In general ebay only send messages with your first name. If its addressed as any other source eg the second example, then it will be spam.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

The message also appeared in my messages section on the ebay app, so if it is a scam/fake how is it there?

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

If you receive an eBay message it does address you via your christian name and a copy goes to your email address.

However, anyone can send you an eBay message that will also duplicate itself to you via email and that one has a few spelling and grammatical errors in it,  and I'd call that out for being a fake.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent