How to see my seller Fees for active listings?

Hello, my question is:

I want to be able to view this in my ebay account. I know that Third-party Fee calculators exist but this is not what I want to do. I need to be able to see the potential fee for each active listing within my account before I sell it and get charged for it.

Surely there must be a way in my seller hub to see what fees I will be charged on each item before I sell it?

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay charge a seller about 13% of the TOTAL amount on any item sold ,that includes any postage costs.

In some categories they charge more or less.

The fee structure is easily found online via google etc.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Information on eBay's fees is easily accessible on the site. They don't provide the service you are looking for. Very few organisations display their charges any more often than they are legally required to.

I don't understand why you don't just use an online fee calculator. By the time your item is listed, you're selling it anyway, if a bid/offer comes in, so knowing the amount of the fees won't be any use to you then. It would be quite simple to have the calculator open in another window as you are listing, and you can change your asking price if necessary before confirming the listing.

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

I want to know EXACTLY how much I'm going to be charged by ebay BEFORE I sell the item.

Surely that Is not too much to ask from them?

It would be nice and easy to see the fees next to each item in my seller hub. That way I can quickly cast a glance and see that the fees I'm going to be charged are in line with what I'm expecting to pay. Recently I was caught out and had to pay full whack fees because i listed an item before I activated a discounted fees offer. My error but I would have had a chance to spot and resolve the issue if i had seen it as a column in my seller hub active listings table. Like many sellers I'm loathe to paying ebay so much in fees when it's me doing the work. The point is to ensure that I don't let them take any more £ out of my pocket than they already do.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

It's not going to happen, and there is no need for it.

The information is available to you already, if you look for it, and no organisation is going to advertise their charges any more than they are legally required to. 

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

It's called transparency and there is a need for more of it.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

It's impossible to answer.

Standard seller fee for private sellers on eBay UK is currently 12.8%+30p on the total payment,easy enough to work out for UK sales but you post internationally and will have currency conversion fees(2.5%) to be added, along with International Transaction fee which is either 1.26%,2.16% or 2.4% depending on country so fees cannot be known until the destination of your sale is known.

You also may be using promotions on your items or have an eBay seller offer.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

But I listed some when I thought it was 80 percent off and then got whacked for the whole lot, how can I see if they are going to charge this?

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Click on "account" at the top of the page and you can find out your fee's via "seller account".

Did you accept the offer and did you rear the terms/conditions as sometimes certain categories,durations and multi listings are exempt.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

When you list items during a promotional period, after listing,  go back to your Promotional Offer section and make sure the counter which started at  used 0 / 100  left , is showing a countdown is actually happening so 2 items listed , the counter should then show .... used  2 / 98  left , your items then if sold within their first cycle of listing would qualify for the promotion.

@moonpenny109  

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Yes I know I have been charged full fees, however I'd like to see if the listings I have remaining are at these fees or discounted is there a way to see that please?

As far as I am aware yes I was within the timescale.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Yes I felt sure I did this however I was surprised to see full fees today..

I must have done something wrong, I might have to cancel all the other listings until another offer comes along.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent