Help!? Seller rights? issues

Hello. I cannot find this answer and eBay has not responded. 

I sold my iPhone, I used the service eBay suggested (from options) which was Evri and send the phone. I received payment, then the buyer said they didn't get the phone. I sent tracking info, checked it and it was taking some time. 

they opened a dispute and asked for a refund! Evri have now said (10days later) they have lost the parcel. What do I do? Is it the buyers duty to claim refund from eBay for a lost parcel, I don't my part of the exchange/ business! Or if I refund, will eBay give me my money back! I'm out the price of an iPhone.

also, don't use EVRI! They are zero help!! 

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You have to refund the buyer and then claim from the courier.

If you bought the postage on ebay you need to claim through Packlink.   I doubt that they will pay out, they have a huge list of exclusions.

You should have ignored Ebay's suggestion and used Royal Mail.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Your buyer should put a non receipt in, if proven, ebay will refund them automatically if you don't usually after 3 days.

You need to claim from evri, even though ebay push you to use them they are pretty unhelpful and take a lot of pushing to sort anything. I've just spent a week trying to sort a evri tracked confirmed delivery to me that didn't happen. I told them they were lying outright and their system confirmed their lies, I wouldn't trust them to lick a stamp.

Sellers making claims from delivery companies are notoriously difficult. Royal Mail take 30 days usually but you will eventually win. 

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Ouch, sorry to hear this, that was an expensive mistake. iPhones should be sent Royal Mail Special Delivery.

You will need to refund your buyer before they can escalate it to ask eBay to step in (they can do this after 3 busines days and you will then lose your eBay final value fees credit).

You can open your claim with Evri (via Packlink) here: 

https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014270619#

You will need your Packlink reference number which you can find here: 

https://delivery.ebay.co.uk/private/shipments/ready-to-purchase/

However, unless you took out extra insurance when you bought your Evri label I think you will find that you'll only be insured for £25.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Gosh, that's at least the third item that has got lost in the post that you have sold

I am surprised you needed to ask whether you need to refund, as presumably you refunded those buyers who items were also lost in the post? 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

You seem to be a very unlucky seller. The only two items you have received feedback for (on this account) in the last year both also failed to reach their buyers.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

@papso22 wrote:

You have to refund the buyer and then claim from the courier.

If you bought the postage on ebay you need to claim through Packlink.   I doubt that they will pay out, they have a huge list of exclusions.

You should have ignored Ebay's suggestion and used Royal Mail.

Packlink are awful and should be treated as no compensation even if your item is not on the no comppensation list - they will literally find any excuse possible to refuse paying out, and you can't take them to court because they're an international company!

Royal Mail Tracked 48 (or 24) with Signature all the way for me!

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

It is the seller's responsibility to refund.  And, like most couriers, Evri don't cover electronic items.  Paclink via Evri will probably be the same, though you might as well try a claim.  So you won't be able to get compensation. Ebay won't cover you.

Never believe what ebay tell you about postage.  Investigate yourself to see how you can send your items so they will be fully insured and not excluded from cover.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent