Feedback extortion to get refunds without return

WHY are ebay not looking at buyer accounts that just leave neg feedback when dealing with removal requests? Just had one from an account with 5 feedbacks all but one negative or with negative comments, one even mentions money! on mine messages stating that they have sent photos direct to ebay who agree with them i should refund them. Obvious liar and scam account and yet, ebay unmoved. These scammers doing this have multiple accounts and are making a packet on this caper. Ebay, just letting them.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

you need to be extremely careful if you contact eBay to complain about another members account because,

The false positive you left a buyer is serious feedback abuse that can damage your account and further serious damage could happen if your private seller registration is questioned.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

I have contacted ebay 3 times already on this issue and I have no confidence they are going to do anything although they agreed it was a scam account. Its a shame we are left to try and warn others by a breach of the rules ourselves , my point exactly ebay not helping, disappointing.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

@dianesdogden wrote:

, my point exactly ebay not helping, disappointing.

Perhaps eBay are only helping correctly registered sellers... idk

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

No I should not think so, but since they have just messaged offering, without prompting to remove the feedback if I send them additional items, ebay might take another look, and in terms of these smart comments about registration, I was hoping to open a shop once I got selling built up a bit, but the lack of support puts me off.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

You don't need "open a shop" to be correctly registered.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Sorry but I dont understand what you are getting at? Or what that means for my current problem about ebay acting swiftly against feedback extortion, but thanks anyway

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

What they're getting at is that your eBay account is registered as a "private seller" when you're clearly a business seller. Whether you have an eBay shop or not doesn't really come into it.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: