Feedback and Removal

Feedback is becoming a joke now, customers can literally leave you a thumbs down or even a flavour review and in some cases when you follow the ebay policy when they have to verify the order and the customer request for it to be cancelled they can leave you bad feedback on that.

The personal service and the effort customer service use to take to help sellers has now gone now. Spoke to an advisor today and they didnt even for once look at the messages between me and the customer all they kept saying is 'refer to the ebay feedback policy' robotically which felt a little patronising. Im sure i'm not the only seller that feels like this.

Please can someone look into the feedback and can other sellers are having similar problems let me know what you think

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Feedback and Removal

Feedback has NOT been fit for purpose for a long time now. The only usefull part of the feedback system is "feedback left for others" by buyers. This can often indicate a dishonest buyer. Checking "feedback left for others" has saved me from a "kicking" several times!

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback and Removal

hi, yes i feel much the same.

i have been an ebay seller for many years, and have never had the issues as i have recently.

a couple of months back a buyer bought a item, posted out and delivered as normal. almost 3 months later she left me negative feedback stating not arrived. Obviously i went through the process and contacted cs about this. they basically told me there was nothing they could do and they couldnt manually remove feedback anymore. The automated feedback removal tool is worse than useless, just rejecting every claim you put in.

Complete joke of a system.

If they spent more time making the systems work properly, rather than trying to find more ways to take that extra penny in fees we all would be a happier bunch.

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback and Removal

but you did put a reasoned response on in reply to the feedback.  As a buyer if i want an item i look at the feedback and it depends on what the complaint is AND the response to decide whether i buy or not.  If someone has lots of late deliveries and is rude in response then i  would not buy.  1 alleged late delivery and a reasoned response like yours and i would.   Lots of responses also indicate the character of the person selling as well, so rude and nasty.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback and Removal

There are a lot of dishonest buyers. Like one of the scenarios the customer is saying they have only recieved 2 so i sent them another one they promised to remove the feedback and they havent. Ebay wont even step in for that.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback and Removal

the issues recenly have been ridiclous. The amount of money i have refunded its unreal, one person i refuneded and they still left me negative feedback and would ebay do anything about about it , NO. When i looked at the customers feedback all they have had about 20 feedbacks left 5 are negative. So from now on im going to make it make it difficult for customers and make sure they follow the returns process before refunding.

This process is going to cost them a lot of money with us guys still tryging to get feedback removed, they should be supporting us guys that are paying the fees. The amount of money i spend on fees and now i have to use an automated service it stupid.

People can leave you neutral or even negative feedback for following ebay guidlines like the verfiction poloicy as well. 

Ebay need to sort this out.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback and Removal

I will respond to them, in the month of december we all know from black friday the delays start and they carry on untill after new years, leaving feedback for late delivery is stupid specailly when you can procvide royal mail evicdence of when you have dispacthed the order. i will be responding to the customer though thanks. 

Its just getting fustrating when CS dont assist you at all.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback and Removal

Any meaningful feedback protection is gone. I have just had a negative left by a buyer who has been blatantly demanding money in eBay messages. He claimed the item arrived damaged after having it for 19 days and demanded a partial refund. He refused to return the item.

This behavior is very clearly forbidden in eBay's abusive buyer policy. eBay's seller protection policy also states that they will remove feedback if they can see buyer demands for money in eBay messages.

Ebay have refused to honour this policy despite all the abuse being clearly visible in eBay messages.

This is also from a new buyer account.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback and Removal

It's a Joke now. With the 30% Fee's we are paying I am now on the fence to stop selling on eBay it's just not worth the agg. Customers are leaving us Negative Feedback with no communication or asking for help and eBay wont remove. We had one item a few months back that arrived 1 day late, the buyer left Negative Feedback at 8am - Comment. Not Recieved., I checked the tracking as soon as I saw the Negatiive Comment about an hour later, 9;14am, and the Tracking Showed as delivered. I appealed the Negative and it was rejected as 'At the time' it hadn't been delivered. The buyer agreed to remove but then I had to use up a Revision Request which is ridiculous. 

What is now worse, even though eBay have this ridiclous feedback policy, they still limit your revision requests to just 5. Whats the point in working stuff out with the buyer if you have 0 Revisions Left? The whole thing is a joke atm, and what eBay will not understand is, is that having this Harsh approach on Feedback, will bring everyones account ratings down, and will just ultimetly affect Sales. My mum the other day was looking for some bits on eBay, and said about all the Negative Commnets on the Feedbacks, she ended up going to Amazon.

nine out of ten walls prefer iPosters!
Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback and Removal

Following my comment before we've had a Classic Today! Buyer bought through eBay Global Shipping.....Item never arrived after being dispatched from eBays's Shipping Centre (eBay Lost in transit) Buyer was refunded by eBay.....Left us a Neutral......eBay wont remove.... Said it doesnt affect our Feedback so they won't remove. 

nine out of ten walls prefer iPosters!
Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback and Removal

Feedback sucks like. Refunded someone instantly and they downvoted me now cuz I didnt refund them...even tho i did. Another guy from abroad i shipped to and it didnt arrive so i refunded but apparently u need to raise it to ebay if its part of the global shipping programme or they wont refund a ll the tax the buyer paid. So i felt bad and sent him more replacements off my own back and paid more shipping to get them to him. They were delivered. Not even a thanks.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback and Removal

The main and most obvious issue with eBay now is that there have been a number of job cuts and the system runs on a whole selection of AI programmes that when tinkered with, create a whole host of other unexected issues.

AI programmes make less work for eBay but far more work for both buyers and sellers, and it seems that both are becoming frustrated and going elsewhere to sell and shop. I know I do! 20 minutes in eBay is more than enough for me in a single day..........🙄🤐

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent