Ebay seller offers & promotions 80% off fees etc. NO LONGER OFFERED? WHY?

About 12 months ago I would regulary get offers from Ebay as a seller such as 70% all seller fees or 80% of all seller fees usally over a weekend.
Suddenly the offers stopped? Although all my other friends continued to receive the discounted fee offers every 2 or 3 weeks? A friend similar to myself has recently recieved a 100% no seller fee offer valid until 15th April. But despite being a loyal Ebay user since 1998 I havnt had one discount seller offer for over year.
Anyone got any idea why this has happened to my account? I have even spoken to Ebay on the phone who dont seem to have an answer.  ... Anyone?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

You are not alone. It was called the February club but now the anniversary is past. Many sellers saw the offers cease Feb 2023. Despite many chats and calls to CS ebayers have had no explanation other than offers are given in random batches and 'you will get one soon'. Over a year is not soon nor random. To add insult to injury those getting offers had free listings of any amount up to 15 April. There is now an offer to sell clothes for free luckily appearing on all accounts,  obviously to challenge Vinted.  I prefer ebays reputation!

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

The promotional offers are offered completely randomly, and eBay do not reveal to whom and why some do receive these regularly and some don't.  Some have not received these for years.

The only criteria they do reveal is that an account has to be Above Standard for selling, showing a regular / constant selling of items .

One tip I can give,  never rely on an email message for these promotions , they are not always sent,  always check your Promotional Offer section regularly for them.  If you are invited it will be there.

Some today have received a Free Selling on pre owned clothes, check your homepage for this.

@night-monkey 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

As a buyer I find sellers sometimes offer me discounts or vouchers or include free stuff with an item, and sometimes they don’t. I don’t expect it, and I don’t feel entitled to a constant stream of discounts and freebies.  There’s no particular pattern to this: I just assume they have their own theories as to how this promotes their goods.

I guess eBay’s various ways of promoting their services works in much the same way.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

If it's any consolation from today there's no fvf fees on what eBay call pre-owned clothing for private sellers.

However today is also the day the extra 0.35% regulatory operating fee comes in.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Yes that would coincide almost excactly to the date all my offers ceased February 2023!
Annoyingly a friend & also a regular seller was offered & he used  the entirely FREE selling zero fees you mention.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent