Coincidence?

I sold an item, in pristine condition just after Christmas.  The buyer requested a refund through EBay stating numerous faults. He returned it and surprise surprise it was perfect. I was a bit annoyed as all he had to do was message me saying he didn't like it and I'd have accepted a return.  Decided to list it again the other night, it sold but no payment yet. I checked the buyers location and he's only 30 miles from the first one. Coincidence or is it me being untrustworthy  ?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Coincidence?

It saddens me to see so many posts like your's OP.

It seems many of just jump straight to thoughts about dodgy buyers (and sellers) when the reality is probably quite innocent.

Hasn't the world turned cold 😢

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Coincidence?

You're probably right, it's the way things are nowadays.  As I get older I find myself trusting fewer and fewer people.  I truly hope I'm wrong but only time will tell !

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Coincidence?

About 99% of sales go through without a problem so things are mostly OK.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Coincidence?

I would say it's a coincidence. 

Very odd,  but I quite often have 2 items sold say going both to Scotland,  or to Wales, I live btw, on the South Coast.  No idea how eBay's  algorithms work,  showing items for sale perhaps everywhere,  or perhaps just in certain locations time to time. Coincidence yes,  but not a sinister one.

You did add that buyer to your  blocked buyer's list?  If not do so now here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Coincidence?

Thanks for this. I didn't realize I could block a buyer. 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent