Buyer opened case, didn't respond - delivery attempted but buyer not in country

Outcome The case was decided in your favour.The case was decided in your favour. More detailsMore details The buyer confirmed that they received the item. This case will not affect your seller performance.

Strange as the buyer had never contacted me to say it was delivered, the buyer never responded to the messages left in the case and haven't contacted me since it was closed new years eve. Looking at the case they now have the item, but the tracking doesn't show this. So I don't know what has happened but eBay closed the case in my favour even though tracking only shows delivery attempted, which I know as a seller I have protection for. But is this normal for the case when it is closed to say it was delivered even though it looks like only a delivery attempt took place?

The buyer doesn't live in the country instead they used a relatives address to have the item sent to. I only ever send to the address provided by eBay and I do see two different addresses when I look into it further, I sent with Special Delivery so it's fully tracked.

What might / should happen next as the buyer hasn't contacted me since opening the case, eBay already closed the case in my favour stating the buyer already and I quote "The buyer confirmed that they received the item".

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

If the case is closed then you don't need to do anything.

I would advise against contacting the buyer. If there is still a problem you will hear from them or eBay, though it sounds like it's all fine for this one.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

@hondapower117 wrote:

What might / should happen next as the buyer hasn't contacted me since opening the case, eBay already closed the case in my favour stating the buyer already and I quote "The buyer confirmed that they received the item".

Just leave it there. Despite what Royal Mail's tracking says the buyer (or their UK-based relative) has informed eBay the item was received. 

Out of curiosity, did you purchase the address label via eBay and, if so, did it have an "ebay1234" type reference number in the address?

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

If the case is closed then you don't need to do anything.

I would advise against contacting the buyer. If there is still a problem you will hear from them or eBay, though it sounds like it's all fine for this one.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I always use Royal Mails Click & Drop that imports all the items sold on eBay. I don't think it imports that eBay number to display as part of the address.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I've found the buyer talking off eBay about the purchase and they've not got it yet and are still out of the country. They've not messaged me on eBay, they didn't respond to the case. They didn't message eBay about the case closing with the status that it has been decided in my favour as it was confirmed by the buyer as delivered.

What happens if this does return to me even though the case states the buyer said they have the item as for the reason why it was closed in my favour?

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent