Account restrictions help

Hi everyone,

I don’t know if me ranting here is going to help my case or not but here i go,

I’ve been selling on ebay for around two years now and never had any issues until recently when my account was compromised by a third party, They took over my account and made loads of sales etc and made me get negative feedback,

My account was restricted and then i had to email in with proof of id and some other bits and bobs, couple days later i woke up to a email saying my account has been reinstated , happy days lasted for an hour until i get another email to say its been restricted again

They asked for proof of invoices for the items the person who gained accessed to my account sold, lol?

I emailed in saying that my account was hacked and it wasn’t me.

They email back saying your account has been banned permanently…..

What can i do?

This is out of my hands i need help restoring my account back…

i dont get what sad low life can do this to me , my whole income is literally ebay after losing my job... 😞

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Also the first lady i spoke to said she wil cancel all the orders that were made by the person who sold on my account and get all the negative feedback removed which was done...

it seems like one member of staff wants to help and another person doesnt 😞

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

You need to get onto eBay Customer Services again,  and  yes,  you can get different and sometimes incorrect replies froom Customer Services.

What I do recommend is contacting CS only very first thing in the morning when the lines first open at 8 a.m. on weekdays,  and 9 a.m. on weekends,  there's more chance of Dublin answering.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

You were also running a business on a private account so not only breaking Ebay policies, but the law. Which will not help your appeal.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

To add to the advice from @cobwebcottage you were selling electronically delivered items in the wrong category as 'pre-paid gaming cards', and advertising them with a postage option, suggesting that you would be sending an actual physical item.

Ebay has a strict policy on electronically delivered items: 'Electronically delivered items need to be listed in the Everything Else > Information Products category in the classified ad format.'

Add this to the fact that you were using a private account when you should have had a business account, and it seems very unlikely you will be allowed to sell on Ebay again.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi,

Yes i might have made a mistake about the category and not making a business account but that's something that can be sorted...

Also for the category part EVERYONE else is listing in this category also? 

Video games & consoles > prepaid gaming cards.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Even if EVERYONE does the same as you, you were still not following Ebay's policy regarding electronically delivered items.

A permanent ban does mean just that.

If you contact Ebay Customer Services they are unlikely to discuss your account with you.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

@discounted_prices_46 wrote:

Hi,

Yes i might have made a mistake about the category and not making a business account but that's something that can be sorted...

Also for the category part EVERYONE else is listing in this category also? 

Video games & consoles > prepaid gaming cards.

Your 'mistakes' were quite significant, they included trading illegally and mispresenting yourself as a private seller, why should ebay allow that to be 'sorted'?

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

I mean even when you put it into  

Everything Else > Information Products

category it still asks you to put in the post service you will be using...?

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

eBay do not reinstate accounts once they have been permanently banned

They do not give second chances

Once banned on one account you cannot open a new account 

As above, you were trading illegally and in breach of the digital delivery policy so they won't reinstate your account. They will share your trading information with HMRC in January though, so you will be required to complete a self-assessment to declare your trading income. Using a private account does not prevent eBay reporting turnover to HMRC under the new legislation. 

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent