100% off selling fees for 2 months

Ebay have given me 100% off selling fees for 2 months which ends early April ,it hasn't done me any good have sold less than 10 items ,and sometimes I haven't been able to find some of my items  when looking on a tablet rather than my laptop .  Time to look at selling elsewhere .

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

For the items you sell, Etsy is the obvious alternative but they like their cut in fees and they have fewer users than eBay do. I'm yet to be convinced that in your category, there is a better platform than eBay so I wouldn't write it off completely. 

If I were you I'd take this eBay offer as the opportunity to lower prices to make the most of it. Not every private seller got the 100% off FVF offer and it may not come around again. 

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

peturning
Conversationalist

I would advise against using the AI descriptions.

I doubt they're the sole issue behind slow sales since in general the title and pictures probably make the sale in your category but I do wonder if there is perhaps some algorithm penalty that is quietly imposed by not making your own description.

Who knows, the algorithm undoubtedly has secrets that we'll never be sure of. What we can be sure of is that the AI descriptions offer a buyer practically nothing and if I was writing such an algorithm I know I'd apply a penalty to listings that offer nothing in the description.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: