wrong postage

When clients bought more items, eBay used to charge them postage for each individual item, even if the address/ buyer was the same. That was creating unrealistic huge postage cots.

Now it is the opposite: eBay no longer charges clients individual postage for each item they buy, but only the proce for one item. 

Hoe and why is that possible? The postage price per 1 (one) item does not cover the postage for 10 items. Can't eBay calculate final postage based on items' weight?

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

wrong postage

There should be options in seller dashboard about stacking postage (if postage is NOT free).

Yes, maybe eBay should do it via weight for stacks, but it's OK for me.

Also 10 items is more money i guess?

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

wrong postage

If you're experiencing problems with the postage, then perhaps the best option would be to set the asking price slightly higher so as to include the postage costs in the actual price of the item.  That way, if you list your items with free postage, eBay can't screw the postage costs up if a buyer purchases more than one item, as the postage costs will have been included in the asking price that the buyer would have to pay in order to get the item(s) that he/she wants to buy.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

wrong postage

It is up to the seller to set postage costs when you list

Eg first item £1.95 and every additional item 50p more 

YOU have to set this up though, eBay don't do it

It is in your postage settings 

eBay cannot add postage by weight though, only an additional amount per item (eg 50p) 

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

wrong postage

ok. Thank you both. I'll look into it now and let you know if I manage to change postage settings.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

wrong postage

I chnaged the settings but I tried to see if the new change was visible at user's end and it did not. The postage was calculated as many items I was trying to purchase. There was no alternative to choose postage cost - as a user.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

wrong postage

sorry, I meant to say that postage was still claculated as many times as the number of items I was trying to purchase.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

wrong postage

I have looked at 2 of your items and you have put the same fee for the additinal item as you have for the main item,you need to put a lower price for each additional item.

1.7.png

2.3.png

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

wrong postage

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

If it's regarding Global Shipping it would seem for some time now there's no combined shipping.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent