"Lost" items sent via GSP

This may be common knowledge to the community but for what it's worth: an item I sent to Japan was apparently "confiscated by Japanese Customs" but has, miraculously, turned up again - in Altrincham, Cheshire, UK (full adress on request). Using my original listing (photographs and item description etc) it was for sale by a company  who told me this morning that: "This was bought at auction as part of a larger lot". So THAT's where they end up!!! If you've had a similar problem look them up (and there must be other companies doing exactly the same - making a profit from our dismay, frustration and inconvenience). Your "lost" item might be for sale there. I kow one member here had said a rare motorcycle carburretor had disappeared the same way and there is one I saw (for a Rudge Motorcycle) Good luck.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Not good is it!!!!

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Not good? It's dreadful and should be investigated!
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Ebay is a venue, they supply postal and selling options like GSP and can't be held responsible for happens once an item has been shipped.

No good equates to fraudulent in my mind.

Have a look at this link,Valuing imported goods that are lost, damaged or defective - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

But that's exactly my point. They SHOULD be responsible for items "getting lost" through their Global Shipping Programme. They are making millions out of us, after all (and so are many others by the look of it!). There are so many good things about eBay and yet this is A PROBLEM and should be rectified immediately.
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

You can't blame ebay for what happens at custom points

Read up on the GSP policy here Global Shipping Programme | eBay

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

@parrynoia-number6 wrote:
But that's exactly my point. They SHOULD be responsible for items "getting lost" through their Global Shipping Programme. They are making millions out of us, after all (and so are many others by the look of it!). There are so many good things about eBay and yet this is A PROBLEM and should be rectified immediately.

eBay ARE responsible for items lost in their GSP system

If the item is lost or damaged after it has been sent from the GSP hub, eBay refund the buyer, rather than the seller being required to refund. 

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Neither buyer nor seller end up out of pocket when this happens.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent