parcel lost

I bought item from a seller , and it was ment to arrive on 14th , but it didn't.  

and since I wasn't going to be home for a few days I diverted it to a parcel shop . 

and it's been stuck there since Friday.

I have tryed and tryed with evri but no one has got back to me and I'm sick of the bot.

the person I got it from sayed they cannot help find out where it went because I diverted it to parcel shop .

they won't even claim so I can get the £20  compensation back. 

says its ebay rules,  now.im stuck with no refund and no item

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

parcel lost

If the tracking does not show delivery you should be able to get your money back.   Go to More Actions on the far right of your order in Purchase History and select "I haven't received it" from the dropdown menu.   Escalate to eBay after 3 complete working days.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

parcel lost

this is what they said.
just spoke with ebay (Zak) to ask for their advice and they have explained
that with a change of address from a buyer then it is out of our
responsibility
ebay have advised me that we are not liable to claim for a loss as we
followed the regulations and sent it to the correct address
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

parcel lost

It's the seller who needs to contact Evri. They can change the delivery address or open a claim to investigate where it is. Message them again and ask if they will do this for you.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

parcel lost

I suggest googling your local parcel shops and visiting them to see if they have your parcel, as you have no buyer protection as you sent the item to the parcel shop rather than your home address.

It is one of the terms of buyer protection that diverting parcels to another address invalidates your buyer protection so you cannot get a refund

You will need to do the legwork to find your parcel, but be quick as it may get returned to sender soon

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

parcel lost

I did , . they said We will see if we can start a chat with evri but we are
only able to chase up the original address that we entered.
when I asked about compensation they said .ebay have advised me that we are
not liable to claim for a loss as we followed the regulations
Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

parcel lost

You don't say, but have you been to the parcel shop to collect it?  You must know which one you diverted it to. 

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

parcel lost

it's not arrived at parcelshop , showing at depot
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

parcel lost

Evri say you cannot divert a courier delivery to a parcelshop so you will have to rearrange delivery to your home or a safeplace.

"If you’ve already selected courier delivery as a delivery option, we can’t change it to a ParcelShop delivery. But don’t worry, if you’re not going to be at home, you can divert your parcel to a safe place or a neighbour of your choice. 

Just go to our parcel tracking page, type in your 16-digit tracking number and delivery postcode, and you’ll get options to change your delivery address to a neighbour’s address or other safe place."

https://www.evri.com/faqs/parcelshops/ive-chosen-home-delivery-can-i-change-my-delivery-to-pick-it-u...

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

parcel lost

Although this advice is not likely to be of any help with regards to this transaction, what you could do in future in order to avoid a repeat of this problem would be to see if you can find somebody else who would be willing to accept the item on your behalf if you are not going to be around when the item is due to be delivered.  If you do manage to find somebody who agrees to accept the item for you, provide their name and address at Checkout when you make payment for the item.  All you need to do then is to ask the person who has agreed to take delivery of the item for you to let you know when the item has arrived and you can then collect it from their address when you have the time to do so.

If you do decide to follow this advice at any point in the future, then when you make your next purchase after having used somebody else's address as the address to which the item should be delivered, make sure that you change the delivery details back to your own address again.  Doing this ought to prevent Checkout from defaulting to the second choice address as the one to which all of the items you purchase should be sent to in the future.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent