eBay provided Tracking number not working: Royal Mail problem?

For two days now, the Tracking number eBay has given to me for an item that is being returned to me, is not working on the Royal Mail website.  I'm being shown this message (the number is redacted for privacy):-

Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference ZY&&&&&&&&&GB. Please try again tomorrow.

EBay has told be the number is the correct number for the Return label I purchased (which the buyer has). 

Is anyone else having this problem? Is Royal Mail Tracking down?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Hi pillarboxred, thanks for your post.

Is this still happening to you? If so, please confirm the item number for the transaction in question, and I will be happy to review that for you.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

The RM tracking website and it's integration into EB doesn't work, simple answer.

I've got 12 items late and not one of them tracks, some since Nov, sometimes though because the sellers supply Proof Of Posting Numbers which are not tracking and not trackable.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

We are having an issue where the ebay tracking reference, which is referred to as the barcode reference on the RM proof of postage, is not being recognised as a tracking reference on the RM online claim form. Item was damaged in transit and i have had to refund buyer.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent