Useless Evri...

Hi, 

I made my first eBay purchase a couple of weeks ago; the item itself being a T-shirt from the USA.  Everything (sorry for the pun)  has gone smoothly up until now. Evri collected the parcel on Sunday 29th October and was processed through their network on Monday 30th October. On Tuesday 31st October the tracking status updated once again early that morning saying it had arrived at the delivery depot, obviously I expected the parcel to be dropped off at the ParcelShop that day. This never happened. I gave them the benefit of the doubt since it was Halloween; however later I noticed that the tracking had gone backwards. 

As of today (Thursday 2nd November) I've not had anymore updates on this package. I've waited patiently and now getting fed up with Evri's lack of urgency and lack of reasoning for the delay. All they have to do is drop it off at a shop, not exactly a difficult task. As you can see from my screenshot I informed them well in advance about the change, before it even landed in the UK. They know about it yet they seem unwilling to actually complete this simple task. The shop itself is located in the same postcode area so it's not like its a million miles away from the original address. Literally 2 minutes away. 

What do you suggest I do? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Useless Evri...

if it doesn`t get delivered or yourself or the seller can`t chase it up, all you can do is wait till the day after the estimated deliver date, then open a case for not received.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

Did you originally ask for it to be delivered to your home, or did you use Click and Collect for it to be delivered to a shop, in which case you would have an ECP number.

If you changed the address with Evri partway through delivery from your home to a local shop, you may have problems, as there will be no ECP and the shop will probably refuse it.

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

I placed the order using my home address, however when Evri's tracking number became active (Wednesday 25th October) I requested the package to be delivered to a ParcelShop. I got a notification to say Evri had recieved this request. Evri claim on their website that a parcel can be diverted at any point in its journey no matter what the original delivery address was. 

Evri knew about this diversion 5 days before the parcel actually was collected by them. It's not like it was a last minute decision or anything. Literally 5 days notice. 

Still as of today (Friday 3rd November) this package still has not been dropped off at the ParcelShop. I will be phoning their customer service tomorrow and will be stressing the fact that this is a one of a kind item from eBay that cannot be replaced.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

There is sometimes an issue with tracking updating. I still think the item will get refused by the shop if there is no code - how will they know who they have to give it to if there is no code to match?

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

An Evri Parcelshop isn't like Click and Collect. No codes used. Buyer just takes along delivery confirmation email or text and ID.

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

I actually went to the ParcelShop this morning to see if this was the case. The shop owner confimed that this package had not arrived yet at the store. Other parcels had been dropped off because I could see them behind the counter, however it seems Evri has not even attemped to drop mine off yet. The worst part is Evri won't even give me or the store owner a reason why.

Evri's customer service is AI so it's impossible to get a human response. At this point I don't know what to do; the seller is from the US and was shipped using eBay's international service, DHL handled the package in the USA and shipped the item to the UK where it was handed off to Evri for final mile delivery. Evri are now wholly responsible for this package, they should be contacting me if there are any problems reguarding this delivery arrangement. 

So far they haven't even told me the package is delayed. Nothing. Not a single word. Their silence tells me they've screwed up but are too scared to admit it. Either the package is lost, stolen or simply stuck at the depot. I honestly don't know, but it would be nice for them to actually tell me instead of leaving me in the dark. 

My frustration is aimed at the lack of updates/information and the lack of proper customer service. Without useful information it's impossible for me to know why. I don't know what's happened neither does anyone else except the courier. That's like if you go to the garage and the mechanic asks you how to fix the problem; the average joe probably has no clue and you'd expect the mechanic to already know how to fix it. I hope that makes sense to you, but that's how I personally see it with my logic. 

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

Sorry to say this but I'm pretty sure Evri have lost it. 

Evri are not great at what they do and have a "get rid of it anyway you can" kind of thing going on.

It's useless trying to contact them as they will know about as much as you do.

Their lorry drops a big pile of parcels every morning on the footpath opposite my house ready for the local delivery lady to come and collect them for delivery and every morning the kids going to school will trample over them, kick them, pick a few up and walk off with them etc. I got tired of telling Evri and the kids every day and just ignore it now.  They must lose hundreds across the UK everyday.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

That's what I fear. If this is the case I'll make it a priority to get full compensation for the item. It's a rare item and cannot be replaced.

Without clear information though, it's hard to definitely say. Other couriers like UPS inform you of missing packages immediately. While it sucks to have packages go missing, the information is appreciated because it informs you (the customer) of the current situation. You can then make plans to contact the seller/retailer.  

Evri provides you with no updates whatsoever when there are clearly delays and they won't admit to losing packages. This is a terrible way to run a delivery service and certainly not sustainable. You have to be honest with customers in this sort of business, useful information needs be provided when there are issues. It's no good leaving customers in the dark not knowing the situation.

No wonder Evri has such a poor confidence rating, you're left wondering what the hell is going on half the time. It shouldn't be like this. 

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

@fribblecollectables wrote:

An Evri Parcelshop isn't like Click and Collect. No codes used. Buyer just takes along delivery confirmation email or text and ID.

Ah, I see! Thanks for that info - every day a learning day on here!

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

I've just sent an email to Evri's CEO Martijn de Lange. Hopefully I'll get some answers. 

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

Such a useless company. Their delivery team ain't trained well to deliver parcels. They just drop it off and run away. 

I couldn't find my parcel up till today. The picture taken doesn't show the exact location where the parcel was kept. This parcel must have been in someone else's front door instead of mine.  I asked my neighbours and they told me they didn't receive any parcel.

This was suppose to be a birthday present to my little boy but Evri screwed it up.

I contact Evri, the voice assistance keeps blabbing what I don't understand. So annoying

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Useless Evri...

EVRI is pure frustration. I don't understand why people use them. They never ring the bell when they deliver an item. They always leave my parcels outside the building in an exposed and non-secure place. How much time it takes to ring the bell? 2 seconds? My last parcel, an expensive digital camera was soaking in the rain for an hour.evriSucks.jpg

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent