Tracking

Hi eBay, I have recently made a purchase on the 29th of January. I have tracking updates saying the parcel has been shipped and sent to authenticater. However when I inspect the tracking it hasn't arrived at authenticters and says "we have your parcel and it's on its way back to the sender".

i am very confused what this means or how this has happened. Does this mean they failed authentication test or could it be another reason?

IMG_0273.png

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tracking

Hi, Did you get any update? Was it actually returned to you? I am facing the same message now, and it seems the parcel did not even reach the authentication, based on tracking...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Tracking

It may well mean it's failed,  or because that shows a very fast  ' check up' ,  it might just be showing wrong information?

Whatever that outcome,   you do have to wait for the last estimated date for delivery,  bearing in mind it might be worth waiting a day or two longer,  as these are eBay's estimates,  and can be a tad optimistic,  then you may need to open a case for item not received.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Tracking

Hi, Did you get any update? Was it actually returned to you? I am facing the same message now, and it seems the parcel did not even reach the authentication, based on tracking...

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Tracking

It's worth copying the tracking number into the courier's website. They sometimes have other information than Ebay's tracking.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Tracking

I have received the parcel, all authentic. I think when it refer to sending it means eBay. Because when I checked the status it wasn’t delivered to authentication people.

So I believe it was picked up by DPD or whoever the carrier was and then sent to the sender ( EBay ) then sent to me.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Tracking

Unless you're using the Global Shipping Programme, parcels are sent from the seller to the buyer. Ebay don't handle the parcels. It's possible that they sent it back to the seller, who then sent it again.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent