Tracked 48?

Good day to to all,

Occasionally some of my auction items I send 2nd class royal mail signed for,  its gone up to a whopping £5.09

So seeking a alternative  , I see royal mail 48 tracked is cheaper

If I select on e-bay the 48tracked and sell a item  what happens next?

Do e-bay send me a label or QR code? Also do I have to pay for the label on top of the 48hr tracked cost? Or pay the postage office to print the label?

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Tracked 48?

Royal Mail prices quoted on eBay when you create your listing are the prices if you buy from the post office.

However if you buy your RM postage through eBay you will be charged the cheaper RM online prices.

For instance your 2nd class 2kg signed for small parcel costs £5.09 at the P.O. or £4.59 from ebay.

Standard 2nd class 2kg small parcels cost £3.69 from the P.O. or £3.19 from eBay.

Although they aren't tracked they do have proof of delivery nowadays as long as the postie remembers to scan them.

Tracked 48 labels cost £3.39 online but it may cost you an extra 20p if you take them to your P.O.

Once your item sells there will be a buy postage label button next to your item.

Click on it to bring up the postage page.

The buyers name and address will be at the top.

Select the correct weight and size of your parcel.

There will be a list of couriers and the price.

It should have the one you selected on your listing at the top.

With RM labels you can download the label to print and stick on the parcel yourself.

Or get Q code you take to the P.O. and they print it for you.

Or have the parcel collected for free by your postie who can also bring the label

You will have to pay for the RM label with PayPal on eBay but if you buy from RMs own site there are other payment options.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Tracked 48?

Just add when you buy postage though eBay they mark the item as dispatched as soon as you pay for the label. So don't buy it too early if you aren't going to the P.O. for a day or two.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Tracked 48?

You should only ever send via tracked. You leave yourself open to INR without tracking. Signed for is not worth the paper it's written on my postie has never made me sign. 

The price rises are insane. I'm having to ask sellers to change to tracked 48, some are stubborn though as they seem to believe signed for will help them in some way.. 

Anyone using 1st / 2nd class should change to tracked 48 now, it's cheaper and safer. The high postage fees are hurting your sales.

Oh and I only ever us the QR code from eBay. It's easier and more convenient. You don't need a printer you just need your mobile, take the QR code to post office with the item, they scan the code, stick it on parcel and you're done..  No messing around. 

Hope that helps. 

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Tracked 48?

There is no compensation for Tracked 24/48 so the seller will be out of pocket if the item is lost or damaged in the post 

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Tracked 48?

@myriad*seller wrote:

There is no compensation for Tracked 24/48 so the seller will be out of pocket if the item is lost or damaged in the post 

Why does the RM site say Tracked RM24/48 includes upto £150 compensation?

Screenshot_2024-04-10-13-03-42-195.jpeg

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Tracked 48?

@myriad*seller wrote:

No. The cover is £150 which is far better than 2nd class, even signed for now which has been downgraded to only £20 cover frm £50.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Tracked 48?

Tracked has the best compensation which makes sense because you can literally see when the scanning stops and the item is lost in the system.. 

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Tracked 48?

Do you need the buyers email or tel no. to use Tracked 48, or just the address? Thanks

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Tracked 48?

@daisydollydimple wrote:

Do you need the buyers email or tel no. to use Tracked 48, or just the address? Thanks

Just the buyers address if you are buying through eBay.

If you buy directly with Royal Mail online they request the recipients email and phone number.

But you can just enter your own details if you don't have the recipients.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent