Seller problem

Hi Everyone. I really need your help & counsell.

I received a dispute from a buyer because he hadn't received an item. He's right according to the tracking. 

I sent the parcel with the ebay service using the Global Shipping Plan because I wanted insurance circa £1000. The notes on the sale actually says Royal Mail SD 1pm. The label says Evri - both reputable so I was happy. That was the 19th Feb. The buyer informed me two days ago about the no-show.

I contacted Evri... no answers.

I contacted Ebay... apparently the company is Packlink. They wouldn't get involved and sent me a link to Packlink (who I've never heard of), so I started a claim (which Evay advised). Apparently the t&c's say claims made outside a 30 day window are void. They are now no longer liaising with me on the matter.

Ebay have now paid the buyer at my expense out of my pocket and closed the dispute. 

Can anyone who sees the injustice in this please help? 🙏  Thank you, Grant 

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Seller problem

Are you saying that the parcel was not delivered to the global shipping hub?  If so I'm afraid that the loss is your responsibility to refund.  If the parcel shows as received at the hub then you are no longer liable for the loss. 

If you bought the label for Evri on ebay you have bought it via packlink.  Unless you paid extra for extra compensation packlink/evri will only give you about £20 cover.  

Why did you switch from RM special delivery which would have given you enhanced compensation and longer to claim?  Also that is what the buyer was told would be used and you are not supposed to change it.

Did you not notice that the tracking didn't show delivery to the hub before the buyer pointed it out?

Your only hope is that the buyer has left it too late to claim (i.e. more than 30 days from the last estimated delivery date to their country, not to the GSP hub).  And not refunding when you know it did not get to them would be morally dubious.   If they are too late to claim via ebay they may be able to claim via their payment provider.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent