Royal Mail are a disaster - Need to find alternative

I am living with a situation now where I have sent a package to another address within the UK, by their 48 hr tracked and signed for service, first of all it got "stuck" in our local mail centre for what I think was 24 hrs. Then it turned up in a Mail centre called Jubilee Mail Centre in Feltham and why it is there I have absolutely no idea, as the destination address is not London or any part of it. If you google Jubilee Mail centre you get a lot of references to people having all sorts of disasters as a result of packages ending up there, and mine has been there now for over 36 hours.......??????

Trying to get in touch with a living person in the Royal Mail is a joke and if you raise a complaint via their web you are advised they will be back in touch within 3 days (maybe)

Ebay must put a considerable amount of business their way is there anything that eBay can advise on issues like this,  this will not do my selling rating any good and it is totally out of my control.

If anyone has had a good reliable service for local UK shipments I would appreciate being advised as I think this will be the last time I use them.....

And if you listen to the recent news all you hear about Royal Mail is they want to reduce the services and they are complaining that people are not using the service enough.... i wonder why????

Thank You

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

OK, My lucky day.... the Royal Mail tracking system leaves a great deal to the imagination !!!! 

So from being in an unknown place, the package has now been delivered.

But I am now looking at alternatives so I can rest a little easier when I send something to a buyer....

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

In 15 years on ebay Royal Mail have lost one parcel.

I send out hundreds per year.

I occasionally get a slow package.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Royal Mail are awful.  They don't get signed for items signed for, they lose parcels, they don't show delivered parcels as delivered.  And if you are a business seller they won't give compensation for the sold price. Give me Evri everytime.  

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

i have no clue whats going on with RM at the minute.  I get feedback for items that have been  delivered but not according to their website 😞    This is a regular occurance lately. 

I sent an item by Parcelforce 48 and according to their website it was delivered last Friday together with a signature/picture.   I entered the tracking number on Ebay immediately i came back from posting.   

According to Ebay i have entered the tracking number but after that absolutely nothing.   It does not even say its been posted grrrrr  

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

It sounds as though the item was originally miss-sorted at its first port of call. In this instance it ends up in a grey box at the sorting office/post office until the collection later that day and goes back in to the system. I would imagine that is why it would have shown that length of time before any tracking would have been updated.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I am hoping that the tracking is eventually updated on Ebay.    

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent