Prefilled App RM Prices

Am I right in thinking that once I chose the correct Royal Mail price given in the postage section of the app, I have the option to purchase a label in the app at that price once the item is sold?

Or, is the price just a guide and I have to reweigh at the PO for a counter price?

I've always gone to the counter but might try buying an rm label off eBay for the first time.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prefilled App RM Prices

Sometimes, there are suggestions for postage prices and sizes which confuse sellers  and they end up  having to pay more. As long as you add your own specifics,youshouldbe ok.

I use Evri for postage as all parcels are tracked. I do not use a printer as have the option of a QR code.I amsur eit will be the smae for RM. Just remember, if you have more than one parcel to post, write the postcode on the parcel so you know which is which when the labels are printed.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Prefilled App RM Prices

All postage prices on Ebay are just a guide. You will need to choose the appropriate weight and size or you will receive under payment invoices from the couriers.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Prefilled App RM Prices

So, once I choose the correct weight and size, is there an option to buy a label at that price in the app?

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Prefilled App RM Prices

Yes. Just dont choose any suggestions that are on there. They dont know the weight or size of your parcels so you need to customise each one. 

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Prefilled App RM Prices

Other than chosing the correct weight and dimensions for my parcels in the postage drop down in the app, what are these other suggestions are you referring to? 

I forgot to ask; is a printer required or can I request a QR code the PO can print?

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Prefilled App RM Prices

Most of the prices quoted for Royal Mail on the app are the price you would pay if you bought from the Post Office.

However RM prices are mostly slightly cheaper (depending on the service) if bought online either through the RM website or eBay.

For instance a 2nd class small parcel upto 2kg would cost £3.49 if bought from the P.O.

Online if bought from eBay or the RM website it's currently only £2.99.

So the eBay app will give you the P.O. price when listing but the prices when you actually buy the label from eBay will be the usually cheaper online price.

Once bought online you either print the label yourself or select the Q code to take to the P.O and they'll print the label for you.

Also you can change the price eBay auto fills on the listing by editing the blue postage price in the delivery section.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Prefilled App RM Prices

Sometimes, there are suggestions for postage prices and sizes which confuse sellers  and they end up  having to pay more. As long as you add your own specifics,youshouldbe ok.

I use Evri for postage as all parcels are tracked. I do not use a printer as have the option of a QR code.I amsur eit will be the smae for RM. Just remember, if you have more than one parcel to post, write the postcode on the parcel so you know which is which when the labels are printed.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent