Postage refund

Just hoping for some guidence on this. I bought an item and checked  "collect in person" becuase of the location and also the cost of postage indicated. For some reason, on completion, I  was charged via paypal for both the item and the postage charge. I collected the item and was reassured that the postage would be refunded.Since then, the buyer seems unable to execute a refund of the postage cost throught Ebay, which I gather is very straightforward. They have suggested I come and collect the amount from them (which I do not wish to do), but the amount offered is what's left after the usual Ebay seller fees have been deducted. Unconscionable!

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Postage refund

There's nothing you can do to enforce a seller to refund  a postage cost as eBay do not get involved in this.

However,  the seller,  especially if new may not know how to make a partial refund,  so copy or send them this instruction.

If you are on My eBay Selling,  go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Refund this item.  Be careful to then add the correct amount of refund you wish to make,  or you will refund the whole amount.

If you are on the Seller Hub, find the item in Orders >>  Posted and Awaiting your Feedback.  Tick on the little arrow left of the item from the drop down menu which appears scroll down a little,  you will see Refund this item, add the amount you wish to refund.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Postage refund

thank you for responding to this and sending the guidance. I am puzzled why the instruction to Collect in person was somehow ignored. Wouldn't that be Ebay's responsibility to ensure that it was honoured? 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Postage refund

I needed to refund some  postage so I read your instructions and spent hours trying to find the More Actions button that you said was just to the right of the item sold in the seller hub. It wasn't. If only you had said click on  the order, then click on the dollar AMOUNT of the order which is a link. HERE you will find the More Actions button drop down menu and at the bottom there is Refunds. I don't know why Ebay seems to hide so many buttons that take forever to find.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Postage refund

You are in Australia I just noticed,   and asking this on the UK boards,  so yes, the More Actions may be in a different place there.

Just realised you are in Australia when you quoted dollars.

You'll need to log out of this UK site and log into your homesite here:

https://community.ebay.com.au/

Glad you found it and completed the transaction .

@shacon3463 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent