Postage question

Hello,

I am new to selling on ebay and I would like some help with the shipping options.

I am based in europe but not from the UK and I was wondering if someone could help me with choosing the most suitable shipping option.

I want my shipping to be flat rate and I don't want to measure and weight my items so I went ahead and choose the options which I think are best for me, see the picture below.

1.png

Now the only thing that's concerning me is the domestic shipping and the reason for this is becaue it says "no tracking included" but I plan to ship with a tracking number.

So my question is, can I still add a tracking number to my items once they get sold to the UK if I use this option?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Postage question

Hi kinetic-autoparts, thanks for your question.

Yes, you can always add a tracking number later. However, we recommend adding as soon as you get it, just to be safe and protected from any potential defect to your account.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Postage question

Although I gave up selling on eBay some years ago, I always used to find that it was possible to enter the tracking number manually once the postage had been purchased and the items posted, whether I was posting to a UK based buyer (which is where I live) or a buyer who lived outside of the UK.  I always used to buy my postage from the Royal Mail, rather that purchasing postage labels directly from eBay, so what I used to do was once the buyer had paid for the item I would take the parcel down to the Post Office as soon as possible afterwards, buy the postage label there, stick it on the parcel and post the parcel to the buyer.  Once I got back home I would upload the tracking number manually, and this would then show up on the buyer's Purchase History against the item he/she had bought, whether the buyer was a UK buyer or from a country outside of the UK.

If you decide to try this out but something goes wrong and you cannot add a tracking number use the eBay messaging system to send the buyer a message, making sure that you tell the buyer what the tracking number is for the item.  If you click on the envelope icon next to the sold item in question you can manually mark the item up as having been despatched.

Given that it's been some years now since I last sold on eBay things may have changed to some degree, but if any of the advice that I have given you is out-of-date now then I'm sure somebody else should be along before too long to give you some more accurate advice in relation to your question.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Postage question

That is exactly what I was going to do but I was just wondering if I could still write down the tracking number manually after I ship the item since I choose the no tracking number option, maybe that option doesn't allow the seller to write down the tracking number, that's the thing I would like to know.

Thanks for the reply! 🙂

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Postage question

As this is eBay UK  Discussion Forum -  Check that you are registered with the correct eBay site to sell from Malta, & you are set up & verified for eBay's Managed payments.

eBay UK Sellers need UK ID, Address, Bank Account, telephone & Credit Card.

This is friendly advice before you make a sale, so you will be able to receive funds from sale/s.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Postage question

Ebay allows you to sell on any Ebay platform doesn't matter where you're from. I'm still able to add my bank details, phone etc.. The reason I choose Ebay UK and not US is because it's the closest to Malta.

Thanks for your tip though!

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Postage question

Hi kinetic-autoparts, thanks for your question.

Yes, you can always add a tracking number later. However, we recommend adding as soon as you get it, just to be safe and protected from any potential defect to your account.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Postage question

Thank you, then I will carry on with these shipping settings 🙂 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent