Postage & Dispute

Curious to see if its just me or if other people have the same issue and feel Ebay are a bit quick to bring cases against you.

I over free postage with a Royal Mail second class deliver bought via ebay over minimum tracking. Ebay adveretise its a 3 day service and when it does not turn up in 3 days the buyer will open a case or contact me. 

I have found that if the item has gone missing i cant make a claim with Royal Mail till 10 working days have past from the last date it was expected. 

If a case is opened against me i have to resolve it before i can make a claim for a lost item. in that time i might have issued a refund or dispatched a second item and be out of pocket as the first item has been delivered after a resolution has been agreed. 

This is a bit unfair on sellers i feel.

Here is the Royal Mail Compensation agrement policy. 

Compensation for loss will not be considered for an item that Royal Mail has not delivered or attempted to deliver until after

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Postage & Dispute

Yes, this is true. Contact the buyer (or if item worth less than £10) just refund them. You'll get your money back either way (from RM). BEWARE of the eBay fees they charge (ebay) when customer complains. £16!

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Postage & Dispute

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

eBay don't open cases, the buyer does.

eBay time frames count no matter what the carriers claims time frames are.

just a heads up - as a business seller you cannot have 'no returns accepted'.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Postage & Dispute

The buyers (especially scammers) love using this trick.

Mabye someone from @ebay will fix this.

Please, eBay, give Royal Mail 10 working days 🙂

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Postage & Dispute

ebay should put 3 Days Delivery from Seller's Dispatch day on the Advert.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Postage & Dispute

Scammers on ebay ? I was told by customer services there are no scammers on ebay lol rolling over

I was told royal mail lose all the items that don't arrive

Yeah of course they do.............eBay is a scammers paradise because its all setup for them

its about time eBay protected sellers regarding this.

He we go ---- Send tracked they will be delivered - yeah we all know this is not the case

I ordered 4 item last week all of them recorded delivery- the postman knocked on the door & just handed all 4 items to me, no scanning no sig

They are all still in RM's system saying they will be delivered on 13th the inbetween 10.30 - 1.30

as of the 19th no update. th RM site still stays the same

The item where all delivered on the 13th - why can the people that work for royal mail do there job there paid for ? and stop costing us sellers money.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Postage & Dispute

Not exactly true.]

Who told you this?

And Evri and YODEL are now better.

eBay is not a scammers paradise if you are like hell to them - use P2G and save on tracked

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent