Parcel force 48 Questions new seller

Hi guys,

I'm gonna send a larger item (secret labs gaming chair back rest Titan evo 2022 ) via Parcel force 48. I'm relatively new to selling. I have been sending smaller items via RM QR code drop off. 

Is sending with Parcelforce going to be the same process? Purchase label via eBay, eBay sends QR, take too post office? Or does it work differently?  

The easiest solution for me would be to buy the label via eBay and have Parcelforce collect from my door. However I don't have a printer. I believe I previously asked about this but am looking for a definitive answer. 

Second question:

The item is 83cm length by 53cm width, the weight is definitely under 30k. As the full chair weighs 37kg as per specs online. I have no scales but predict it to be around 15-20kg. Is it safe to guess like this? 

3rd question:

I do not have the original shipping box. Am I ok to just send it without a box but in bubble wrap and sealed? They won't turn the item away? 

Many thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes but whilst Parcelforce is part of the RM group albeit tenuously on GLS, you cannot print labels from a QR code to my knowledge for parcelforce items at a post office.

They are only trailling this at self service depots in Newcastle, London and Milton keynes I believe.

If you are taking to the post office they will expect you to buy the label at the counter, which of course is not a problem.

Its not complicated at all, just take the item to the post office with an address on it they will do the rest for you! In the word of a famous TV add.... Simples!

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Bump,

Anyone able to explain? Do I just purchase the label via eBay and then get sent a QR code scan at post office, as with Royal Mail? Or do I need access to a printer? 

Many Thanks 

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Details from parcelforce here - should be everything you need to know.

https://send.parcelforce.com/help-centre

You cannot guess weight as there is a price break from memory at 15kg and 20kg. 

Post office will not print labels with a QR code. 

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Thanks, So I do need a printer? Why is it RM are the only service that makes life simple? I'm sure someone mentioned before that Parcelforce will bring the label to my door? I don't mind taking this one to the post office but  clearly I have no access to a printer. Why's it so complicated lol. Why can't they all just use QR Code drop off? 

As for wieght, it does say on eBay the service is Parcelforce 48 size up to 150cm wieght up to 30kg. It's definitely under that. But what you're saying suggest this is wrong? Super confused. Why's it not simple like with RM, I just buy lable. Go to post office, they scan QR, done. 

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Post office definitely does print the label for RM. It's how I've sent every sale so far. 

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Yes but whilst Parcelforce is part of the RM group albeit tenuously on GLS, you cannot print labels from a QR code to my knowledge for parcelforce items at a post office.

They are only trailling this at self service depots in Newcastle, London and Milton keynes I believe.

If you are taking to the post office they will expect you to buy the label at the counter, which of course is not a problem.

Its not complicated at all, just take the item to the post office with an address on it they will do the rest for you! In the word of a famous TV add.... Simples!

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Ah perfect man.

So from what you are saying. I don't buy the label via eBay. Take to post office.   I'm assuming you mean just write buyers address on paper and attract that to the item? So the label won't have his address details as with QR code, it's essentially a really expensive stamp? 

Ha ha I'm making this so complicated, just want all the facts so I don't mess it up. Thanks mate. Really appreciate your help here! 

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

As you can tell I've never sent a parcel in my life.. Only recently via QR drop off, which is super simple.. 😂

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

You are very welcome. Just ensure the package is well wrapped eg bubble wrap etc. Needs to be under 1.4m on any dimension to go as standard parcel (in parcelforce language) Make sure address is securely attached.

Once sent you will get receipt at post office upload the tracking number so your buyer knows item is enroute so to speak.

Finally you are supporting your local post office, not ebay's coffers.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Thanks,

Yeah makes more sense to me. Yep it's 83cm but 53cm. It's basically the back of an office chair. 

I'll actually be interested to see if my funds for the sale get put on hold if I send this way. Ie label not purchased through eBay. So far I've had none on hold thankfully, yet people keep telling I should have.

Tbh the item is a pain, it's something I'll throw out if it doesn't sell (has two watchers in 12 hours though). So basically sending it is in essence throwing it away and possibly getting £30 for it 😂

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent