Opinions on Royal Mail's Tracked 48 versus Tracked 48 with Signature

Having used Royal Mail's 2nd Class Signed For service (via paying at a Post Office) for many years, I'm having no choice but to switch to online Tracked 48 in April due to the reduction in Signed For compensation from £50 to £20 (plus with just how expensive it's now getting).

It's a shame, since I always found the reliability tremendous but I sell many items with a purchase value of over £40 and I need to be covered.

What are people's opinions on the reliablity of Tracked 48 versus Tracked 48 with signature? With the value of my items, is it still wiser to use the Signature service instead of safeplace delivery? Or have you found in your experience that there is no real difference when it comes to lost parcels?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I use the tracked with signature if I want more security as it's better proof of delivery, although if someone claims with the tracked only and they put it in the "blue bin" then I've sussessfully claimed a refund on this before as sometimes people say they didn't receive it.

Sometimes it depends on how much cost difference the tracked with signature is.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

I use standard Tracked48 and haven't had any issues. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's been excellent for me.

Wouldn't touch Non-tracked standard services or the Signed For though. Not worth the price given the small difference plus the fact that Tracked gets priority above them (despite RM management / PR protestations that they don't!)

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Tracked 24/48 has always been fine. It updates as it should and delivery is both with a photograph and GPS location. 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

From April yo7 can do tracked 24 & 48 at the post office , either with signature or without and is cheaper than signed for , and compensation is up to £150 ... 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent