Low Feedback Score on Postage Costs

I never charge people the full postage cost and for a long time I've had 5 star rating.  Recently it's gone down to 4.9 which I know is still good but it's unfair.  Is there any way I can appeal this or give eBay feedback about the arbitrary low rating buyers can leave even if postage is more than they have paid?   When buyers are charged less than postage costs they can leave a low rating score.......Am I the only person who thinks this is unjust?  Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are a lot of things on eBay that aren't fair, but there is one way to ensure that you always get a five-star rating with regards to postage costs for every item that you sell on eBay, and you don't even need to break the rules in order to pull it off.  The details as to how to do this are as follows:

When you list an item for sale decide how much you want for postage costs, then add that to your overall asking price, or, in the event that you're listing the item in Auction format, include the full postage costs in the starting price.  Set the listing up to show that the item is being sent with free postage and that way you'll automatically get a five-star rating from eBay with regards to the postage costs and your buyers will not be able to mark you down on the cost of the postage, as the question "How reasonable were the postage costs?" will not be available for the buyer to leave star ratings for in the event that you always list your items with free postage.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

There are a lot of things on eBay that aren't fair, but there is one way to ensure that you always get a five-star rating with regards to postage costs for every item that you sell on eBay, and you don't even need to break the rules in order to pull it off.  The details as to how to do this are as follows:

When you list an item for sale decide how much you want for postage costs, then add that to your overall asking price, or, in the event that you're listing the item in Auction format, include the full postage costs in the starting price.  Set the listing up to show that the item is being sent with free postage and that way you'll automatically get a five-star rating from eBay with regards to the postage costs and your buyers will not be able to mark you down on the cost of the postage, as the question "How reasonable were the postage costs?" will not be available for the buyer to leave star ratings for in the event that you always list your items with free postage.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

You are charging very fair postage costs, in fact on most it seems well below the actual cost.

You're right to feel annoyed , but there's just working out how some buyers view a transaction,  it could even be a ' slip' especially  if using the app or mobile browser.

4.9 is still a great score, but if you wish to push it back up to 5.0 then factor in your postage cost  into your starting price for your items, and offer Free Postage, then there's no star rating for it when a buyer leaves feedback and it can oush your score back up to 5.0.

Personally,  I wouldn't worry and would imagine you are amongst the majority with that score.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks very much for your kind comments and suggestion.  I sell more and more including postage these days and that's probably the best way to go forwards.  Shame eBay doesn't have some mechanism in place that stops people leaving a low score when postage is bought through eBay and they know what has been charged.   Anyway....huge thanks again for your help.  Much appreciated

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

You're very welcome,  and truly,  do not worry on a 4.9 score,  it's still a very good score showing perhaps one or two disgruntled ,or finger sloppy  buyers, when pressing buttons.

@tomc1958 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent