International Shipping Program excludes the UK

Hello Guys.

So I am attempting to purchase an item from a US seller who is apart of the international shipping program but I am unable to purchase the item. eBay have given various reasons but the seller says

The item is listed for international sales and there is no restriction on the UK as far as our item goes. The eBay tech we spoke to last night actually checked multiple listings from multiple sellers and they were all showing the items as active through the eBay International Shipping Program, but the UK was not a current shipping option.

The item in question is #314162604727.

When I look at the listing, UK is not listed.

Can anyone shed any light on this please ?

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Hi retroash, thanks for your post.

This looks like a technical issue from our end, so I've just reported this for you. As soon as I get an update on this, I will post back here to let you know.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Yeah good you reported it...this error is on the GSP for almost a year now.

Useless Ebay can't fix it for more than 6 months

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi 

I'm in the same boat. Desperate to buy items ( Plastic Lord Of The Rings 65mm figures ) and every other country in the world seems to be on the shipping program lists except the UK plus the other usual suspects. I have reached out several times to the sellers but they seem unable to get round the issue. 

So is this an eBay mistake? or a UK problem with a change to imports procedure of some kind.

Very frustrating!

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi nistr81, thanks for your reply.

If you send the item number for the item in question, we could review this for you as well. At the moment, we have no further updates to confirm whether this is a techincal issue or not, but this is still under review, and we will be posting back here with an update as soon as we have one.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi Marco

Thanks for the reply.

The item number from the seller in the States is :- 145499653636

The seller has tried to figure out why shipping to the UK is not available for this item, but has been unable to get round the problem. I have checked his other items for sale and many have the UK shipping choice, so unless he has chosen not to ship the item I want to the UK, I really don't know what is going on.

Any help and explantion will be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reply, nistr81

I've added your sample to the report, and I will post back here as soon as I get an update.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

I cannot ship to GB also item # 285610974220

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi, is there any update on this issue yet? I'm also having the same problem on several items. 

thanks

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Hello, I wish to buy these two items but ebay tells me the UK won't be shipped to, even though the listing has international shipping available the UK is not listed. Item numbers are: 175489840023 323096464159 If a solution could be found that would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Hi
I had the same issue when trying to purchase various items. I contacted the
sellers in the USA and asked them if there was a way round it. Some said
they would try and contact eBay to see what was going on.
Never really got a conclusive answer from either the sellers or eBay. As
far as I could see it seemed too much hassle for the sellers to sort the
issue.
However, I have just bought a rather expensive item from a USA seller who
was prepared to bypass the international shipping program which said he
wouldn't ship to the UK. He very kindly got a shipping quote from his Post
Office, which I accepted.
He then sent me an invoice, still through eBay. It just means I will get a
customs etc fee bill in the UK.
I would definitely say there is some sort of issue with this, no shipping
to the UK, but if your seller is willing to do what mine did, then maybe
you can get the items you are after. Sorry I can't be any more help than
this, but good luck.
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

I am also having this problem, surely if it's a technical issue it should have been fixed by now. 

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

You would think so. But again I have been after items from the States and the UK is not on many of the very comprehensive lists of countries the sellers will ship to. Yet I can still find the UK on some shipping lists of sellers from the States for the same range of Lord Of The Rings plastic figures I collect, but alas not the ones I am after. Just spoken with a seller to see if I bid and win, will he post to the UK. Answer was a polite no, due it's more hassle for him to not go through the eBay shipping program. So why does eBay allow the UK to be included in some shipping lists and not others? Is it the sellers in the States choosing to avoid the UK or is it eBay not getting to the root of the problem and sorting it. Surely eBay is potentially losing money by not addressing this issue. Bonkers!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

I found this thread on eBay.com, looks like this is a deliberate decision by eBay rather than a technical problem as stated here. Madness! 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/EIS-not-offering-shipping-to-UK/m-p/34047...

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Thanks for that information. Even though it made for depressive reading, and especially as this issue has been going on for a long time, at least I know it's not only myself suffering. I really think eBay is clueless on this. Looks like my hunting ground will now be primarily in the UK.

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent