GSP packaging change

Hi, I received an email from a buyer saying their item has arrived dammage and was sent in just bubble wrap. I have never had anything like this before so I issued a refund and the case has been closed. The buyer told me how the item had arrived and that is not how I sent it. I wrapped the item in bubble wrap and then put the item in a box and sealed the box tightly with brown tape. The buys was not sent the item in a box. I contacted ebay and they have said because them case was closed because I sent the refund then nothing can be done.

Is this right, can anyone offer any help with what I can do,  I am now out of pocket and left with a dammaged item through no fault of my own.

Thanks

(These are how the buyer received the item)

shmullet_0-1705488518161.jpeg

shmullet_1-1705488533045.jpeg

shmullet_2-1705488543143.jpeg

shmullet_3-1705488552795.jpeg

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GSP packaging change

I think you jumped in too quickly.

According to the eBay global shipping programme page sellers are only responsible for getting the parcel to the shipping centre safely.

After that they are protected and any damage or loss is the shipping forwarders responsibility.

I think the shipping forwarder will unwrap parcels, check the item and repack them.

Below is a quote from the gsp page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/global-shipping-programme?... 

You aren't responsible for item loss or damage that occurs after the item reaches the UK Shipping Centre. Once an item has been forwarded by the UK Shipping Centre, you won't be responsible for refunding the buyer if an eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Buyer Protection case is filed against you for one of the following reasons:

A buyer claims an item isn't received or a package is damaged in transit

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

GSP packaging change

I think you jumped in too quickly.

According to the eBay global shipping programme page sellers are only responsible for getting the parcel to the shipping centre safely.

After that they are protected and any damage or loss is the shipping forwarders responsibility.

I think the shipping forwarder will unwrap parcels, check the item and repack them.

Below is a quote from the gsp page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/global-shipping-programme?... 

You aren't responsible for item loss or damage that occurs after the item reaches the UK Shipping Centre. Once an item has been forwarded by the UK Shipping Centre, you won't be responsible for refunding the buyer if an eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Buyer Protection case is filed against you for one of the following reasons:

A buyer claims an item isn't received or a package is damaged in transit

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

GSP packaging change

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Adding to the advice already given -

Unfortunately you used a service [Global] without learning how it works.

you were not responsible for the refund and, unfortunately, unless you are very lucky, you are going to be out of pocket.

Global do open and repack items.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent