GLITCHES / BUGS when editing with the POSTAGE & PACKAGING system.

I have recently been experiencing some glitches / bugs when editing with the Postage & Packaging system for posting a new listing, or when I want to change the P&P prices on my other already listings.

1. Changing P&P Prices:

Anytime that I want to start revising on an already listed item, the P&P displays "No service selected, Select a delivery service," yet, the item already has a set P&P price. So when I edit the P&P price to a different price number and click "Revise with displayed fees" and check to see if the P&P price has changed, it has not! Meaning that all of my listed items' P&P prices are all completely stuck.

2. Posting A New Listing:

When I want to list a brand new listing by inputting all the information and the prices, including the P&P price, and click on "Revise with displayed fees," I then get an error message at the top of the listing's editing page, saying, "Looks like something is missing. Please fix any issues and try again." When I scroll down the listing's editing page and find the problem in the P&P section, it says, "At least one valid postage service must be specified." Meaning that every time I click on "Revise with displayed fees" when making a new listing, the P&P information gets wiped; making the new listing stuck for me to post on eBay and unavailable for the public to view or purchase.

If you, or know anybody else on how to fix this major problem; or somehow can let a member of eBay's technical staff be aware of this, it would be much appreciated; I am unsure if it's just me, or if anybody else is experiencing these glitchy / buggy issues.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Update: everything is fixed!

If you have read my post and want to know the answer to fixing the exact same problem that I was going through, here it is:

1. Go into your Business Policies dashboard: https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.co.uk/businesspolicy/manage

2. Click on the tiny "Optout", located roughly around the top right of the webpage, and accept to optout.

3. Once you are done, you will be able to resume back to normal with editing the P&P prices and postal services at your own choice.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

I had this issue yesterday, tried two different browsers and my phone but the problem persisted. I ended up just deleting all of my policies (I don't sell much any more so couldn't be bothered) which did the trick and let me create and select a new one without issue.

In hindsight, opting out would have been easier. I will remember that if the issue comes up again.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

I'm having the same problem  with domestic, eBay's telling me my postage exceeds by £3.50 for 48hr tracked 10kg £6.29 ???? Don't get it.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Omg, I've been battling these policies for years. So glad I found this and opted out....

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Nice idea and I was delighted with ths feature...except when I press 'Opt Out', it doesn't. I go back and 'Opt Ot' option still there. Meanwhile I have over five-hundred listings I have to amend AGAIN - have spent days going through them updatng new royal Mail rates, and now realise that ebay somehow swaps rates for different world zones!

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent