Evri returned item - unable to track

Anyone offer advise please. I ordered an item before Xmas. Sent it back same day 21/12/23 as poor quality using same courier company as seller - Evri. 
tracking stops at 28/12/23 

seller keeps telling me item not received so won't refund me. 
I have spent hours researching how to get in touch with Evri. There are no direct numbers. Have already tried: 
1) automated chat box 

2) Tried Hermes Germany  - no longer Brexit so won't help. 
3) £6 call to Hermes direct customer connect, only to be told by a robot needs investigating and refers me back to seller for tefund

4) have tried emailing Hermes - no response 

5) Consumer citizens advice / no hrlp

Anyone know my rights, or if entitled a refund through eBay or any other advise please on how I can be refunded. 
Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

By the way, if you did buy the label yourself direct from Evri after it has failed to be delivered for a couple of weeks a button for claiming for loss should appear next to it in your Evri account.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

It depends on who bought the return postage label.  If you bought it from Evri yourself then you would need to claim for the lost parcel yourself.  The seller would not be liable to refund as they do not have their item back.

I think it would be the same if you bought the label yourself via packlink.  But then you would need to claim from packlink and not Evri.

However if the label was issued to you by the seller the seller would be responsible and should refund. 

I am not 100% sure who is liable if the return label was issued by ebay.  Ebay may have to refund you in that case.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

By the way, if you did buy the label yourself direct from Evri after it has failed to be delivered for a couple of weeks a button for claiming for loss should appear next to it in your Evri account.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Thanks for advise. That hadn’t cross my mind. In this particular case it was free return, therefore, I’m assume cost cover by seller?

Will look into it.
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Did you actually get a return label from the seller or did you just send it straight back with the courier?

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

I sent it stright back with the courier later that same day - there was an option to print a label for free return. 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent