Click and Collect did not work

Hi, I am having a very bad experience with Click and Collect. I wish I never used that.

The parcel never arrived to the Parcel Shop. I never got any collection code or info.

It shows as "delivered" with a delay of 8 days if I check the tracking on the Evri website, but still not delivered and "being returned to sender" if I check the tracking on Ebay.

Then I have found a post here on the forum about a glitch in the Ebay system that cause the seller to get the home address of the buyer even if the buyer has selected Click and Collect. But I have got no parcel delivered at my address or any "missed delivery" slip.

The seller was unable to give me any useful information though she tried.

Any idea what is going on? Did anyone had a similar experience?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

I've personally never used Click and Collect as a buyer or a seller as I have seen here the many problems that can occur,  of course when it runs well , it's great.

When you are informed the item is in store, you need to check your purchase details to see if there's a collection code there.

If there isn't,  you must contact eBay Customer Services,  and they'll issue this code.

Another ' must' is that you must then collect within 7 days,  that's the max time a store will hold the item.

After that period, one of their alternatives is to send the item back to the seller , an easier and quicker option allowed for them is to just dispose of the item.

If the seller has tracking showing delivery to the store you will not b able to claim anything from them or eBay.  You can try your payment provider for help with this refund, hopefully they'll require more than proof of tracking.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I tried everything that you are mentioning, but to no use.

A case was opened by me, but no way to know where the package is. The seller stepped in, gave the track information and Ebay closed the case in the space of an afternoon without giving any detail except "the item has been delivered at the address and no refund will be issued". Address still a mistery. 

I appealed the case and Ebay changed its mind and has now issued me a refund, but the package is still on the loose and nobody seems to know to where it ended up. And I really need the item.

I will post an update here if and when I manage to find out what happened.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

I just had a Click and Collect item refused by the supposed location, as they say that they had no room to store packets. The item was correctly addressed with the code number , complied with the regulations and is currently lost in the return post. I have an unhappy customer and will lose a lot of money if I don't get the item back. Does Click and Collect ever actually work, or is it a completely failed system?

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: