searching refurbished products

There is a landing page on Ebay about guarenteed refurbished goods, & you search by brand. Other than that you can search by category. I would like to buy a refurbished exterior DVD player for my laptop. There doesn't seem to be a category for DVD players - and the laptop category seems to only have that.

Does anyone know how to search for a the garenteed refurb DVD that Ebay is advertising?

thanks

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Be cautious when buying refurbs, and of guarantees on eBay generally. eBay defines several classes of refurbs, from manufacturer refurbished to seller refurbished. Seller refurbs may be nothing more than a clean and polish. Manufacturer refurbished are probably the safest, but look carefully at the guarantee.

Don't forget that eBay won't get involved after 30 days, whatever the problem. I bought a manufacturer refurbished petrol mower last year. They hadn't drained the crankcase oil, so after being transported upside down everything was saturated with oil. Otherwise, it works okay, but the engine is a bit erratic and I find myself wondering whether this is why the original buyer rejected it. It only came with a three month guarantee, so after three months of constant rain it had run out after I'd only usedit once! I don't think I would buy a refurb again.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Thanks Red Magpie. Refurbished is a new initiative - have you seen the landing page on it? I feel encouraged because it says:

Built-in peace of mind

• Quality sellers

Refurbished sellers meet rigorous standards and are continuously monitored.

• One-year seller guarantee

Get extra peace of mind with a minimum 12-month seller guarantee on all refurb items.

Find out more
  • eBay Money Back Guarantee

Get your money back if your item doesn’t arrive or isn’t as described.

Find out more

I asked my question on the webchat, and the person I spoke to, couldn't find out the answer! So will email me back.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent