having pay extra postage

Had few items I have sold that's buyers having pay extra postage on second class postage I used the pre paid eBay labels and I always check the weight is under what it needs to be what should I do stop this happening

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

having pay extra postage

Buy at post office, then it will be correct.

It does not seem wise to rely on ebay postage, as it gives a poor impression of you as a seller, and can annoy buyers.

I hope you have got a Royal Mail booklet giving up to date postal charges, and have refunded your buyers.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

having pay extra postage

Its not all about weight its about the size of the parcels/packages too. It may well be you are sending as large letters, when infact the item is a small parcel.

As @john1297576  says if you buy your services over the counter, not only are you supporting a local business, but also the staff will ensure that you pay the correct fees, and not then have your buyers having to pay.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

having pay extra postage

If you have one card in a normal size envelope with no padding and nothing to protect the card from bending, that will go through the letter slot.

if you have 3 cards, use a padded envelope or put extra card around the cards you send, then that will be too thick to go as a letter and needs a large letter stamp.

As advised, it's more likely to be the thickness rather than the weight.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent