funds on hold due to hacking

Hi - I was hacked on 3rd March in multi-users section the hacker managed to list 30 cameras which were sold at high prices and consequently I have been sent a bill from Ebay for £2,7000  for selling fees. I have been calling Ebay practically every day to get this bill removed and get the hold taken off. every time I am told (after spending up to an hour on the phone) it will be all cleared in 24 to 48 hours. After phoning constantly for over a month, as of today 7th April,

I am still on hold and can't list. 18Years on Ebay without any problems. Would appreciate any advice.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

papso22
Experienced Mentor

I am afraid that for something like this there is nothing we can do to help, the only advice is to keep on at ebay.

The issue is that they probably see the hacking as due to a fault of yours but they are being expected to sort it out.  That won't be a priority.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Have you formally filed a report using this link re:- the Hack to the eBay Fraud team ?? ... only they can reset/restore access and resolve the problem with the blocked Account ... see here >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/account/protecting-account/securing-account?id=4196&st=2&pos=1&query=Sec...

To contact Customer Services > https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi thanks for the reply. I've tried both the links you gave me and I've already complied with everything in them and changed every password I have. But at the end of it I  only get the choice to contact them which I have done 12 times already and a few minutes ago I was told for the umpteenth time wait 24-48 hours. I have asked the agent if this could be transferred go to the fraud department and thet always say it has been, but I haven't been able to do  anything for about five weeks now. I really don't want to close the account down as I've had it for 18 years and have a large lot of feedback. It looks as though  I am going to have to wait it out a little longer!!!! Ivor

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Eight weeks, 27 phone calls some as long as an hour since I was hacked. after every call I get told my account will be opened up to me in 24 to 48 hours. What a waste of time. I have even spoken to accounts/credit department who have assured me that my account would be opened within 12 hours.   That was 3 days ago and guess what no access. I phoned again today (35 mins) to ask what happened to the 12 hours promise to open my account, no one knows anything about it. I have also noted over the last few weeks of calling in, after about 10 minutes if the call gets complicated I coveniently get cut  off.  Surely my call and other history is recorded after 18 years. I really don't want to close down as I have a lot of feedback. A friend has mentioned to me that there is a newspaper journalist who takes up this sort of case.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

What have they done about the 'debt'?

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent