eBay remove listing shortly after my purchase of fake item. Confirm refund greyed out

Order date: 05 Apr, 2024 Order total: £35.99 Order number: 05-11410-41398
The listing for this item was follows

"Apple AirPods Pro 2nd Generation Genuine - New (Sealed)"

The item is clearly fake and I have spotted the following problems..

1/ The case reset button does not reset the case as it should
2/ The right pod keeps on cutting out randomly
3/ WHen the case is charging using a lightening cable it never turns from amber (charging) to green (fully charged) even when it is 100% charged
4/ The Noise Cancellation functionality does not work at all
5/ The Transparency Mode functionality does not work at all
6/ The six spare silicone ear tips were not attached to their cardboard holder in the sealed box, but were instead lose in the bottom of the box
7/ The transparent plastic shrink wrap was poorly applied and was clearly not of the standard of a genuine Apple product

I was attracted because the seller put "genuine" and "real" in the listing description. I was further reassured following an exchange of messagess with the seller shortly after my purchase.

I thanked him for the quick despatch (which he did within a few hours of me placing the order). I also thanked him for the good price and confirmed there would be problem if the itemwas was not as descrived. To this he replied "No problem"

When the item arrived, I realised that I was unable to leave feedback because eBay had already removed the listing, presumably due to some kind of seller violation. I have no idea

I asked the seller outright if the item was gake and received no reply. I went on to inform the seller I would seek a refund despite him offering no return policy due to the inacurate listing description. Again, I did not receive a reply.

I selected the order from Purchase History and started the refund process

These are the only refund options that are available.

1 Ordered by mistake
2 Arrived damaged
3 Don’t like it
4 Missing parts or pieces
5 Changed my mind
6 Item is defective
7 Received wrong item
8 Doesn't fit
9 Found a better price
10 Doesn't match description or photos

I have tried several options includng the 2nd,6th and last ones many times but none allow me to proceed.

In each case the "Confirm Refund" button is greyed out.

I suspect this has something to do with eBay removing the listing but i dont know for sure

All I know for certain is I have purchased a fake product.

Someone please help. I am a victim of a scam and it feels totally unjust that may be resigned to keep the fake Airpods just because eBay's questionable software will not allow me to process a Refund request

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay remove listing shortly after my purchase of fake item. Confirm refund greyed out

Some high brand items are protected by the Vero regulation,  this means those brands do not wish their items to be sold on line as there's no way to validate if the item is real or not.  It may well be real,  but will still be removed.

Read about Vero's policy here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-pr....

If you wish to return the item and you can do if the item is fake,  because the item has been removed you need to contact eBay Customer Services,  they will open the case for you,  to receive a full refund.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

@byron_gayle 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Some high brand items are protected by the Vero regulation,  this means those brands do not wish their items to be sold on line as there's no way to validate if the item is real or not.  It may well be real,  but will still be removed.

Read about Vero's policy here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-pr....

If you wish to return the item and you can do if the item is fake,  because the item has been removed you need to contact eBay Customer Services,  they will open the case for you,  to receive a full refund.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

@byron_gayle 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

That you so much tressygirl

You have come in to save the day as usual

Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

You're very welcome !

@byron_gayle 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent