Won an item that I did not bid on

I have just received an email from eBay requesting payment on an item that I did not bid on.   It is a dress that its not my size and at the time that I was supposed to have placed the bid I was eating out in a restaurant.    I did place a bid on a similar item a couple of days before but that was in my size and I did not win it.   This seems to be a glitch in the system.  I have contacted the seller but this sequence of events has made me anxious about using ebay in the future.   I would like to contact someone at eBay about this but so far I have not been able to find a way to do that.   Can anyone help? 

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Won an item that I did not bid on

More important than an email, is the item in your purchases?

If it isn't in your purchases then you did not buy it, so you can't pay even if you wanted to.

Did you receive an advice in Ebay messages, and how was the emsil addresses,

was it addresses to you by name, or just something like Dear  Customer as all messages from ebay address you by name.

If not addressed by name and not in your purchases, then forward email to spoof@ebay.com

If you still need to speak to ebay, go to top of page, then scroll down for contact options.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent